Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Springtime Makeup Look

 It is such a gorgeous, sunny day today and so I decided to do quite a spring-time appropriate makeup look. It is very simple but I think it is really pretty for this time of year, so I thought I would share it with you incase you find some inspiration for your own makeup.

To start off, I used an oldie but a goodie; Mac Pro Longwear foundation in NC15. I used to use this back in the day and I absolutely loved it, so I thought I would give it another try and I am happy to say I do still really like it. It gives a light to medium finish that is very natural and has really good staying power. I then used my usual concealer duo, the Bobbi Brown corrector and NARS Radiant Creamy concealer under my eyes to cancel out my dark circles. I then powdered with the Maybelline Matte Maker to set the makeup.
To warm up my skin, I used my beloved Honey bronzer from the Body Shop and for a natural flush to my cheeks, I used the NARS blush in Deep Throat.
For the eyes I kept it super simple. I used the light, golden shimmer shadow from the NARS Ride up to the Moon palette all over my lid, and I used the same Body Shop bronzer in the crease. I then did a cat-eye flick using the L'Oreal Super Liner which is all kinds of awesome. To finish the eyes I used the new Benefit Roller Lash mascara and the two cool toned brown eyeshadows from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette for my eyebrows.
Lastly I used the Mac lipstick in Chatterbox which is so beautiful. It is an amazing bright but not too bright pink that I love for this time of year.

So that is my super simple Spring makeup look that I think is lovely for this time of year.

What is your favourite makeup look for Spring?

4 comments:

  1. You're so pretty, love your eyeliner!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    p.s. you could win a pair of thigh high boots in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll, that's so sweet of you! x

      Delete
  2. I have been trying the Half eyeliner look and it totally works! looks awesome on you :)
    xx
    Maliha Rao / Red Alice Rao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's good, I find it helps make my eyes look bigger! Thank you :) x

      Delete