Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites | Beauty

Now that January is over, I am set ready for Spring, even though we still have February to get through!
Nonetheless I have got quite a few favourites to share with you that have all stood out to me throughout January. 

Charlotte Tilbury The Dolce Vita Luxury Palette
The Dolce Vita palette is a palette that is so raved about in the blogging and youtube community, I felt like I just had to try it. Aside from the seriously luxurious packaging, the eyeshadows are stunning and incredible quality. A full review will be coming soon, so watch out for that!

L'Oreal False Lash Flutter Butterfly Wing Effect Mascara
I have been really loving the L'Oreal Butterfly mascara as it gives amazing length and volume and really fans out my lashes. I find it very easy to apply and build up and it also lasts really well. 

NARS Lip Pencils in Cruella and Descanso
I have done a full review here about the NARS lip pencil set that I received for Christmas, but the two that really stood out to me were Cruella, a velvet matte pencil that is a beautiful dark berry shade, and Descanso, a satin pencil that is an easy to wear pink nude shade. They are both seriously stunning and are amazing quality as they're super easy to apply and last really well throughout the day.  

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
The Bobbi Brown foundation stick is really nice for touch-ups and on-the-go. I particularly like using it on 'no makeup' makeup days as I can just apply to any blemishes or redness and blend it out and it leaves a natural coverage that is quite flawless. The coverage is really good yet it feels and looks like skin. It is amazing!

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen
This is an old favourite of mine, and I decided to repurchase it again as my beloved NARS concealer ran out and I couldn't find the shade I wear anywhere. However, since using it again I have fallen back in love as it is so gorgeous at adding so much light to my skin. I like to use it over my Bobbi Brown corrector in a triangle shape under my eyes, and I find it brightens and lifts my whole face. It feels super light and is very easy to blend.

Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush and Eye Blender Brush
As you can see, I am having a bit of a moment with Bobbi Brown. After Anna raved about these two brushes, I just had to pick them up since they looked beautiful. The Full Coverage face brush is amazing at buffing in any foundation to achieve a flawless finish, and the Eye Blender brush is incredibly soft and fluffy, so I like to use it to set my concealer and to sweep it over my eyeshadow to blend out any harsh lines. Both brushes are amazing quality and wash really well, and neither have shed on me.

So they are my January favourites, and I think it has been a pretty good month beauty-wise as I have discovered some amazing products whilst rekindling my love for some others.

What are your January favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment