Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Mac Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Lorelei | Alluring Aquatic

 Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share with you a super pretty eyeshadow from the Mac Alluring Aquatic Collection which came out I think around April.
Whilst I was out shopping with my friends, the Extra Dimension eyeshadow in Lorelei particularly caught my eye as it looked like the perfect everyday, shimmery eyeshadow.

The packaging immediately caught my eye when I saw this shadow - a beautiful turquoise which almost looks like it's been dropped in water as the packaging has water-like droplets over it. 
As with all Extra Dimension products from Mac, the shadow is super shimmery and beautiful. The shade is a bronzy copper colour which I think is so nice for all year. The colour looked a lot warmer when I applied it to my lids, which I was surprised about as when I had swatched it in-store it did look quite cool-toned, however, nonetheless I still think it is beautiful. 
As the shadow is very shimmery, I find it best to apply it with a flat shader brush as you can really pack it on, then blend it out with a clean fluffy brush. If I want it to look extra pigmented and vibrant, I like to slightly dampen my brush to give the shadow an extra oomph!
I find the shadow lasts a good 6 hours without a primer, but I do think a primer would be quite good as not only would it make the shadow last longer, but it may also help make the pigment stand out even more.

Overall I think Lorelei is a gorgeous colour and I love the formula of the Mac Extra Dimension eyeshadows as they're so shimmery yet have a nice soft, creamy texture.
The colour creates a beautiful, warm eye look that I particularly love during the warmer seasons!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog! :-)
    would we follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? Maybe also on Instagram and twitter (widget on my blog), what do you mean? Regards from germany <3
    .•. My Beauty Blog .•.
    Let me know
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete