Sunday, 29 June 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong | The Bright Lip

 Hello everyone,
My pink obsession recently grew even bigger when I found the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong, which has quickly become one of my favourite discoveries of the year. Yes, it really is that good!

Bourjois recently launched their new liquid lipsticks in eight shades, but the bright neon pink with the very cute name of Pink Pong stood out to me as a winner.
Now, this shade is bright, neon bright. But I love it! It is definitely a statement, but paired with a simple makeup look and a simple outfit it looks amazing. I think it would suit so many skintones as although it is bright, I imagine it to be quite universal.
The formula of this is also worth a mention - it is awesome. As one who has relatively dry lips, I always stay away from 'matte' lip products. However, this really isn't that drying considering how matte it is. I always apply a lip balm before any lip product as this helps to keep my lip hydrated, but apart from maybe one or two top ups of lip balm throughout the day, the Bourjois Rouge Edition really doesn't dry out my lips. 
This product also lasts a very long time. It tends to wear off on the inside of my lips after about 4 hours so you're left with an outline of bright pink, but to save it I reapply my lip balm and add another coat of the product and it looks perfect again. It layers really well so you're not left with anything patchy or streaky by the end of the night.

Overall the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong is an excellent product if you want a vibrant matte liquid lipstick that lasts for a very long time. 
Some of the other bright colours also look awesome and for £8.99, I definitely think they're worth a try!

Have you tried any of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet's?

8 comments:

  1. looks great! youre so pretty x
    check out newest upload of mine

    rachellyysaghtt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so pretty on you! Such a great shade!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post ,love!You have great blog:)Following you now via GFC,hope you'll do the same!
    xoxo Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a gorgeous colour! And it really suits you.

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete