Monday, 26 May 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation | The 'Do-It-All' Foundation

 Hello everyone,
I am very excited today as I have been wanting to share with you my current favourite foundation for quite a while. Back in March I ordered some products from Sephora as they began to ship to the UK. Aside from the excellent service and fast delivery, I was super excited to try out some of the Tarte products I had ordered.
After hearing a lot of good reviews on the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, I decided to pick it up in the hope it would live up to expectations.

Luckily this foundation did not disappoint. 
I got the foundation in the shade Fair Sand which is a perfect colour match for me. The texture of the foundation is very thick and creamy, but as you blend in into the skin (I like to buff it in using the Real Techniques Buffing brush) it instantly melts into the skin giving a very natural look whilst covering imperfections and evening out the skin.
Although Tarte claim this foundation to be full coverage, I would place it more as a medium coverage foundation that can be built up to full coverage. I personally love the coverage it provides as it is perfect for everyday. It covers what I need to be covered whilst looking natural and feeling light.
Tarte also claim this foundation to last 12 hours. Although it does last very well throughout the day, I wouldn't say it lasts quite that long. However, it does suit my combination skin as I find once set with a dusting of powder, this doesn't make my skin too oily.
I really love the finish of this foundation as it is very natural. It is matte so that my skin doesn't look too oily or shiny, but it still gives my skin a natural sheen which I love.
It also hasn't broken me out which I am very pleased about.

Overall I absolutely love the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage foundation as it is natural yet still provides the coverage that I need. The colour match is amazing and it lasts really well throughout the day. It really is a 'do-it-all' foundation!

Let me know if you have tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage foundation and what you think of it!

Thank you for reading,

8 comments:

  1. This foundation looks amazing on you and the packaing is lovely too. That's good to know that ordering from Sephora is a good experience, I'm going straight onto their website now!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They were really good! The parcel came very quickly and you can choose lots of free samples which I think is really nice too :) I'm very tempted to make a 2nd order! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, I really want to try their powder airbrush foundation x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Airbrush foundation is amazing too :) I have already done a review on it! xx

      Delete
  3. I have been wanting to try this foundation for some time and now I want to try it out even more! Thanks for the review.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is really good, I highly recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  4. Your skin looks fab Claire! Really need to buy a new foundation! x

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Beth! I love this foundation, definitely worth a try ;) xx

      Delete