Friday, 14 March 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge!

 Hello everyone,
During the years I have been obsessed with all things beauty, I have always heard people rave about the Beauty Blender - a sponge that makes the application of makeup super easy.
Although I had always been quite dubious, I finally caved and decided to pick up the Real Techniques version - The Miracle Complexion Sponge.
As I am sure you all know I am a huge fan of all of the Real Techniques brushes I own. The quality is amazing and at such an affordable price, I knew the Miracle Complexion Sponge would be just as good. However, since using this sponge for about a week, I didn't realise just how good it would be.

The Miracle Complexion Sponge is quite uniquely shaped, with a pointy end that is amazing at applying your foundation and concealer in particular, a flat side that is great for covering large areas and the rounded sides that can also be used for even more blending.
I love running this under water so it doubles in size, then squeezing out any excess water and towel-drying it so it is slightly damp. This makes applying makeup so effortless and easy, and the results are amazing.
For foundation this gives very flawless results. I find it makes my foundation look very natural as it is patting it into the skin, whilst also creating an almost flawless and smooth canvas. It also makes applying foundation quick work as it covers such a large area.
For concealer, the pointy side of this sponge is awesome as it can really get into those 'hard-to-reach' areas. Again it leaves your concealer looking very natural yet flawless.
I have also tried it with powder, and it still gives amazing results. I can also imagine it being very good at applying any cream products like cream blushers.
When it comes to washing this sponge it is not the easiest, but every makeup sponge is difficult to clean because of the material it's made out of. However, I still like to swirl it in some Johnson's Baby Shampoo which I find helps to clean out some of the makeup.

Overall I am super impressed with this Miracle Complexion Sponge. It is so versatile and leaves natural yet flawless results. It has become an absolute must in my makeup routine, and I don't know how I have been living so long without it!

Let me know if you have tried the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and what you think of it!

Thank you for reading,

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I should really get one too! xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, I highly recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Been very curious to pick this up, would you prefer using this over the RT face brushes? xx

    http://adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really recommend it :) I love both as they both give different finishes and work well with different textures. I love the Miracle Complexion sponge as it gives a slightly lighter, natural finish, whereas the Buffing brush is excellent at giving a very smooth, flawless finish :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've always wondered what this would be like to use too. It sounds brilliant!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, it's definitely worth trying one out :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have only tried their brushes but I really want to try this! :)

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is excellent :) I really recommend you to try it out! xx

      Delete
  5. I have the beauty blender and really like it but I definitely want to try out the miracle complexion sponge. THanks for the great review.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the Beauty Blender but I have heard amazing things about it! I do highly recommend the Miracle Complexion sponge though as for the price it is awesone :) xx

      Delete
  6. Hey love!!! Great post! Beauty blenders are the best they make your skin look so perfect...but in a very natural way! I love your blog and the quality/composition of your photos. I nominated you for a Liebster Award on my blog!! www.tresbelletreschic.wordpress.com
    xoxo
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They do exactly that, they're amazing! Thank you so much for the nomination, it means a lot that you have nominated me :) xx

      Delete
  7. Miracle worker in sponge form this! Love it!

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete