Friday, 7 March 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation!

 Hello everyone,
After about 2 years of lusting over the NARS Sheer Glow foundation I finally got my hands on it after a recent shopping trip.
I have heard rave reviews about this foundation, and as someone who is constantly on the hunt for a perfect foundation, I desperately wanted to give it a try.

I was matched to the shade 'Mont Blanc' which is the second to lightest shade. This is an okay colour match but compared to my neck it is quite a bit darker and so I have to make sure I blend away.
 The NARS Sheer Glow provides a good medium coverage that is buildable. It easily covers redness and discolouration, except I do have to add a touch of concealer under my eyes and on any very angry blemishes. I like to apply it using a stippling brush, and my favourite is the Sigma Duo Fibre F50 brush as this gives the foundation a slightly lighter finish and I find it blends it really well.
I love the finish of this foundation as it is an almost satin finish. It is not super dewy but it's not completely matte either, it sits somewhere in between which I love. Because of the finish I think it would suit a range of skin types as I find it doesn't cling to any dry patches but then it doesn't make me super oily.
Longevity-wise I find this lasts about 7 hours on me before I get oily, which isn't bad considering it is not a completely matte foundation.
I also find that this foundation photographs quite well, as it almost blurs imperfections and makes you skin look quite flawless. 
I personally really like the packaging as it looks quite sleek and sophisticated. It doesn't come with a pump so I do have to pour a bit out onto the back of my hand, however, a little bit goes a very long way so I like to only pour a bit out and then go back if I need more coverage - I've had many times now where I have poured out way too much!

On the whole I do think this is a nice foundation. I like the medium coverage and satin finish but I do feel like the shade is slightly too dark on me which results in me frantically blending in the hope it looks okay. However I do hope by the summer when I have got more of a tan it should be okay.

Let me know if you have tried the NARS Sheer Glow foundation and what you think of it!

Thank you for reading,

6 comments:

  1. This looks so natural on you. It is definitely on my to try list.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really recommend it! xx

      Delete
  2. Im so jealous that you've got this foundation, I too have been wanting it for ages! x
    Jess | Hell0Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it is worth trying, it's a great foundation :) xx

      Delete
  3. The foundation looks so natural on you. It'd love to try it myself. :)

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really think it's a good foundation that is worth a try xx

      Delete