Saturday, 15 February 2014

Evening Makeup #2 | The Smokey Eye and Pink Lip


 Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share with you an evening makeup look that involves a a smokey eye and pink lip. I thought it was perfect for this time of year as the pink lips brighten up the makeup and outfit and I also love it as it reminds me of Spring which is my favourite time of year. 
 Like always I used my L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation to even out my skin and cover any blemishes and discolouration. I then used my NARS Radiant Creamy concealer underneath my eyes to cover my dark circles. I then set the base with the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder.
For my eyes I wanted something quite shimmery and golden but then also smokey in the crease. To achieve this, I swept the Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in 'Champagne Quartz' all over my lid for that golden shimmer, and I then took the shade Mekong, a chocolate brown shade with an almost plum undertone and golden shimmer from the NARSissist palette in my crease to smoke the look up. I then took Mekong again on my lower lash line to further smoke out the look. 
For mascara I used the mini Smashbox Full Exposure mascara which gives great length and volume to my lashes.
To finish off the skin I used the NARS Laguna Bronzer from the Guy Bourdin Crime of Passion Eye Cheek and Lip palette to warm up my skin. From the same palette I took the NARS Deep Throat blush to add a peachy pink flush to my cheeks. For highlighter, I added the Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish highlighter in Whisper of Gilt to my cheekbones for that extra glow.
Lastly I finished off the look by using Mac Fanfare lipstick. A beautiful mid toned pink that adds a pop of colour to any look.

So that is my evening, going out makeup look. I personally love the smoked out eyes and brighter lip, and think this look would suit anyone.

I hope you liked the makeup look and found this post helpful!

Thank you for reading,

2 comments:

  1. your makeup looks wonderful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a £150 high-end skincare giveaway on my blog here, if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete