Sunday, 5 January 2014

The Best of 2013 Part Two | Skincare, Bodycare, Nails and More

Hello everyone,
Happy Sunday!
Today I wanted to share with you the final part of my best of 2013. 
This part concludes my favourite nail, skincare and body products, and a few more items that I also love.
The Nails
There have been so many nail polishes that I absolutely love, but I have managed to narrow it down to my top 4. 
Firstly Essie's Sunday Funday which was released as part of their Summer collection has been a definite favourite of mine. It is a beautiful pink coral with a shimmer running through it, and the quality is amazing. 
Another Essie colour is Aruba Blue, beautiful deep, almost metallic blue that I always get compliments on whenever I where it. I think it is perfect for whatever season as it is bright and fun, yet the darkness of the blue makes it perfect for the cooler months.
I have also loved a couple of OPI nail polishes this year. Firstly, OPI You're Such a Budapest is a very pretty lilac colour that is so nice for the Spring and Summer. It is a little mini size as I got it as part of their Euro Centrale collection during the Spring. 
OPI Black Cherry Chutney has been my go-to Autumn and Winter nail colour as it is a gorgeous deep plum with shimmer.
Lastly I have loved the OPI Nail Envy as a base coat to my nail polish as not only does it prevent the nail polish staining my nails, but it is almost amazing for strengthening my nails. The Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat has to be one of my all time favourite product discoveries. It helps your nail polish dry so fast and leaves it with a gorgeous, gel-like shine. 
The Skincare
When I was in Paris earlier in the year, I was on a mission to pick up some Bioderma as I had heard to much hype over it. Fortunately it was worth the hype as it is an amazing makeup remover and helps leave me skin feeling fresh and clean.
The Origins Super Spot Remover I have used for pretty much the whole year on my pesky blemishes. It does a really great job in getting rid of my blemishes and it has definitely become a staple in my skincare routine. 
Lastly the Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream although I haven't used it for long has stood out to me as one of the best moisturisers for my skin. It is so light yet so hydrating and doesn't leave my skin feeling too oily. Another product from Avene is their Cleanance Mask, a really great mask that deeply cleans the skin and helps to clear breakouts.
 
The Bodycare
A body cream I have loved this year is the Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille Souffle Body Creme. Not only does it smell amazing, but it also moisturises my skin really well. It started off the obsession with Laura Mercier bodycare, and I haven't really been able to stop wanting to buy some more products since.
Two hand creams I have also loved are firstly, no surprises here, the Laura Mercier Fresh Fig hand cream that like the body cream, smells incredible and does a really good job of moisturising my hands. I have also really liked the Soap and Glory Hand Food as it feels so moisturising yet sinks in really quickly and doesn't leave my hands feeling sticky or tacky.
The 'Miscellaneous'
I couldn't do a 2013 favourites without mentioning a few 'miscellaneous' things.
The Real Techniques brushes have pretty much transformed the way I apply my makeup. The quality is amazing, they wash really easily and they apply makeup so well. A few of my favourites are featured above, and they include the Contour brush, the Buffing brush and the Multitask brush. The Mac 217 has also made applying eyeshadow a breeze, as it blends it out so well and is the perfect size.
I also have to mention a favourite TV series: Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad I urge you to pick up the first series or watch it on Netflix if you have that as it is literally the best TV series I personally have ever watched. It is so exciting and each episode something dramatic happens which makes your heart race. It has definitely been an addiction of mine during 2013!

So they are my final favourites of 2013. 
Hopefully 2014 will bring many more amazing discoveries, but for now I am more than happy to continue loving all of these products and more.

Let me know what your 2013 favourites are and why!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you for reading.

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of both the Laura Mercier body soufflé and hand cream! I've tried an Avene cleanser before but definitely need to try more products. Thanks for the recommendations.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have amazing scents don't they :) I really want to try more Avene products so I may give the cleanser a go! xx

      Delete