Thursday, 2 January 2014

The Best of 2013 Part One | Makeup

 Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a fun New Year and are looking forward to what 2014 will bring! 
For me 2013 was quite a big year for myself and my blog, with my blog reaching over 100 followers and myself reaching many personal achievements.
I also discovered so many amazing products, all of which I have shared with you on my blog. It was the year I really got into wearing eyeshadows and found quite a few holy grail items. So after much deliberating, I am very excited to share with you my 2013 makeup favourites, part one.

The Foundation
In 2013 I tried some really amazing foundations, but the one that stood out to me has to be the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation. I have used it so much as I love the medium coverage and satin finish it provides. It lasts really well on my skin and doesn't break me out, and I will definitely be repurchasing it very soon. I also wanted to quickly mention, although I don't have it with me to photograph, the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation which is another amazing foundation that I have loved using throughout 2013.

The Concealer
I couldn't narrow it down to one concealer as I have used and loved 3 concealers this year.
First up is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, which I love using on my 'no makeup' makeup days as it is so light and natural. It looks and feels very light on the skin, yet provides excellent coverage for my dark circles. It has a beautiful satin finish and is super easy to blend.
Next is the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer and the Bobbi Brown corrector, a duo that I always reach for if my dark circles are particularly bad or if I do want that extra, flawless finish. Both products are amazing and provide excellent coverage. The NARS Radiant Creamy concealer is quite a thick, and like the same suggests, creamy concealer. It's coverage is amazing and it is not only really good for covering dark circles, but also for blemishes and redness. The Bobbi Brown corrector is amazing for correcting the darkness under the eyes, and so when paired with the NARS, my dark circles are pretty much banished.

The Blusher
I have two blushes which I absolutely love. Although the Mac Divine Night Mineralize Blush in Talk of the Town is a very recent addition to my collection I have not stopped wearing it. It is a super shimmery rosy bronze colour that looks so stunning once applied. I can imagine this being a stable this Summer. 
The Bobbi Brown Pale Pink blush, a super bright pink, I also love as it adds such a pretty flush of colour to my cheeks. The quality is also really good and I adore the simple sleek packaging.

The Eyeshadow
There are 3 eyeshadow palettes which I have used so much throughout 2013.
The Urban Decay Naked Basics palette was my first proper eyeshadow palette, and I have not regretted purchasing it once. I use it most days as all of the shadows are so versatile and are so pretty. The six shadows in the palette are all matte and excellent quality. 
The NARS Ride Up to the Moon palette was a palette I just couldn't resist buying. The six shadows are all shimmery and are beautiful. You can create such gorgeous looks with the palette and it is amazing quality. 
Finally the MUA Heaven and Earth palette was such a bargain at only £4 and I have used it so much since. Most days I like to take one of the colours and sweep it all over my lid for a quick wash of colour. I find all of the eyeshadows to be pigmented and very good quality.

The Lips
There are quite a few lip products that I always use and absolutely love.
The two Mac lipsticks I love are Rebel and A Perfect Day. Both complete contrasts of eachother but both still beautiful at the same time. Rebel is deep pink plum shade that is perfect for the Autumn and Winter, whereas A Perfect Day is a nude that looks so pretty patted into the lips and goes with any makeup look and outfit.
When Urban Decay released their new Revolution lipsticks I knew I had to try at least one. The colour Native is a gorgeous nude pink that for me, is the perfect everyday pink. The formula is also really lovely and I would definitely purchase more of these lipsticks this year.
The Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya was my Summer lipstick as it is a gorgeous coral peach shade. The formula is so moisturising has gorgeous glossy finish.
The Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfecter is another product that I love for my 'no makeup' makeup days as it adds a hint of light pink to the lips whilst being very moisturising.
Lastly the Bobbi Brown Lip Balm has been a staple for this Autumn and Winter when my lips were more dry as it is so moisturising and nourishing. It is definitely worth it if you do want to splash out on a really good lip balm.

The Palette
The palette of 2013 for me has to be the NARS Guy Bourdin Crime of Passion Eye Cheek and Lips palette. Although this has only been with me since Christmas day, for me it is one of the most stand out products of 2013. In the palette is a lipgloss in Deep Throat, 3 beautiful eyeshadows, Deep Throat blush which is probably my all time favourite blush and Laguna bronzer which I am in love with. The lipgloss gives a beautiful colour and shine to the lips, whilst you can create a gorgeous look with the eyeshadows. Laguna bronzer I also love so much as it adds warmth to the face but isn't too dark or orange.
I can see myself using the palette so much this year and already have my eyes on repurchasing Laguna bronzer.

So finally they are my 2013 makeup favourites. 
2013 has been an amazing year for discovering new products and trying out new things.
I have definitely tried different makeup and looks this year but doing that has led me to some of my all time favourite products.
I really hope you enjoyed reading about my 2013 makeup favourites, and stay tuned for the next part where I will be covering my favourite skincare, bodycare and nail products of the year.

Thank you for reading,

6 comments:

  1. Great picks! I would love to try that NARS palette. I also did a best of 2013 on my blog today if you want to check it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been tempted to try Laguna bronzer but keep putting it off because its pretty pricey aha! The palette seems like a great idea! xx

    -Tilly
    beautyintheboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive but I do think it is worth it as the quality is excellent and as you only need a tiny amount I'm sure it would last you quite a long time :) xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely post, really want to get my hands on the Naked Basics Palette xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I really recommend the Naked Basics, it is really good! xx

      Delete