Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Festive Makeup #2 | Fresh and Natural


 Hello everyone,
Merry Christmas Eve!
Today I wanted to share with you another makeup look that I think may be really nice for the festive time of year.
It is quite a simple and natural look, but it has a slight twist of a dark purple winged eyeliner. I think this type of makeup look would be really nice maybe for Christmas day as it is fresh and super simple to do.

 I started off by once again using my L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation as it gives good coverage yet is glowy and natural. I then used the Maybelline Fit Me concealer under my eyes as it covers my dark circles but feels natural and light. I then set my base using the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder.
For the eyes I wanted something light and shimmery, so I used the Bobbi Brown Metallic eye shadow in Champagne Quartz all over the lid. As the name suggests, this eyeshadow has an almost metallic look so is super shimmery. To add definition to the crease and to slightly cut down the shimmer, I used the shade Naked 2 from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette which is a really lovely matte light brown. For something a little different, I did a winged eyeliner using the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Violet Ink to give my eyes some more definition and to add a slight twist to the makeup look. I finished off the eyes by using the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara.
To finish off the skin, I used my Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Rose to add a warm glow to my skin. I then used the Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish highlighter in Whisper of Gilt to my cheekbones for that extra glow.
Lastly, I used the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Native for that natural, pretty pink for the lips.

So that is the second Christmas makeup look. I really hope you perhaps got some inspiration to the makeup you may wear tomorrow for Christmas Day or just for a simple makeup day.

Thank you for reading,

4 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty!

    Merry Christmas for tomorrow and best wishes to you for the new year! <3

    Jane
    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Don't forget to check out my Real Techniques Core Collection Giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Merry Christmas to you too! xx

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty look :O Would you recommend the Chanel bronzing powder? I've been trying to find a good bronzer for ages but nothing seems to do the trick :) Merry Christmas!!

    bionicbeth.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And I would as it isn't too orangey, it just help to warm up the skin and add a bronzy glow! It is beautiful :) Merry Christmas! xx

      Delete