Saturday, 21 December 2013

Festive Makeup #1 | The Plum Eye and Nude Lip

Hello everyone,
Over the next few days I really want to do some makeup looks that hopefully may give you some inspiration as to the makeup you may decide to wear during the festive season.
The look today is a bronzed smokey eye with a slight plum twist to it and a nude lip, which I think may be really nice for a Christmas party or perhaps for New Years Eve.
I am sorry that the photos have slightly washed out the eye look, as in real life the eyeshadow has more of a plum look to it.
For my base, I used my much loved L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation which provides medium coverage and a gorgeous satin finish. I then took my Bobbi Brown Corrector and NARS Radiant Creamy concealer under my eyes to cancel out my dark circles. I finished off the skin by setting it with the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder.
For the eyes I used two eyeshadows from the MUA Heaven and Earth palette. This is an amazing palette as you can create so many looks from it and the quality of the shadows is so good. The eyeshadows don't have names, but I took from the top row the 3rd colour from the right, a beautiful champagne colour, and ran that over my lid as a base. I then took the eyeshadow on the top row 2nd to the right, a gorgeous plum bronze colour, and focused that in my crease. I then blended the colours together, and took the same darker shadow on my lower lashline.
To finish my eyes I used the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara.
To give my skin a slight shimmer, I used the Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish highlighter along my cheekbones. Then for blush I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed which is a very natural blush as the eyes were quite heavy.
I wanted my lips to be a natural colour as I think this can look really pretty during this time of year, and I also didn't want anything clashing with the eyes. Therefore I used my Mac lipstick in A Perfect Day.

So that is the first of my Christmas makeup looks.
I really hope you liked this post and maybe got some inspiration to what makeup you may wear during the festive season.

Thank you for reading,

8 comments:

  1. That lipstick is so pretty! I love nude lips! And the eye makeup looks gorgeous too!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Same, I think they can look really chic and classic! xx

      Delete
  2. Love this look! Its os natural and pretty!<3

    Sarah xoxo
    http://soitssarah98.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog!! :) http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete