Wednesday, 30 October 2013

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation Sample!

Hello everyone,
Recently I have heard many good things about the new YSL Forever Youth Liberator foundation. I am always on the look out for new foundations, and so when I heard the rave about the new offering from YSL, I went to my nearest counter and was able to get a small sample to try.
 I was matched to the shade B10, which was the shade I was in for their Touche Eclat foundation. Whether I have gotten lighter or in this foundation the shades run slightly darker, I did find B10 to be a touch too dark for me, and so plenty of blending was much needed. 
The texture of this is quite serum like and thick, and so I find a little bit doesn't go along way. However, blending it in with the Real Techniques Buffing brush I find to be quite effortless and quick. 
The coverage of this I personally think is light to medium, but it is buildable. It evens out my skintone and covers redness, but I find that I need extra concealer to conceal those pesky blemishes. However, it does feel light and give an almost velvety texture to the skin. 
The finish is glowy so I like to set it with powder as I do have combination skin. However, it definitely isn't oily or greasy but still feels hydrating which is really nice for the colder months. I personally really like the finish as it is natural but still gives your skin a glow.
I find the foundation to last about 5-6 hours before I begin to feel oily, which I think is pretty good considering it is quite a glowy foundation. 
I personally think the foundation looks really good in photos, as it makes your skin look natural yet pretty flawless with it having a beautiful glow. 
That said, after applying the foundation I do sometimes think it can look quite patchy which I find really unfortunate. Whether it is because the shade is slightly too dark and so needs more time being blended in, or because it needs time to set, I'm not too sure. But I would say that is the only thing really letting this foundation down for me.

Overall I do like this foundation and I would recommend you to pick up a sample.
Although the colour for me is slightly too dark, and I find the application can go quite patchy, I do like the finish and texture it gives my skin, and I find the longevity to be really good. 

Let me know if you have tried the new YSL Forever Youth Liberator Foundation!

I hope you found this review helpful, and thank you for reading.

10 comments:

  1. The color on camera looks flawless! Even though you mentioned that the makeup is to dark, it looks perfect... Almost as if you're not wearing makeup. Hmm, Maybe it's because of your blending skills? Regardless, great review! :)

    xoxo
    -B ♡ MsBerryStylish 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It does look amazing on camera but I think the lighting slighty washed the colour out which is why the colour doesn't look too dark :) xx

      Delete
  2. It looks so natural and flawless on you, almost barely there! I've been dying to try this out, or really anything from YSL for that matter.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do recommend you to pick up a sample as it is a nice foundation! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the review. I have been wondering about this foundation.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would recommend you to pick up a sample to try it as the foundation is lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. This foundation makes your skin look flawless in your photos! I love YSL products!

    I've started following you on GFC & BlogLovin' and hopefully you can return the favor!

    The Cassie Paige

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds nice on the whole, I might have to pick up a sample x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really nice foundation so I would recommend you to pick up a sample :) xx

      Delete