Saturday, 12 October 2013

Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder!

 Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share with you the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot translucent face powder.
I have heard many good things about this powder, and as someone with combination skin, was really excited to try it out for myself to see how well it controlled my oily skin.
The packaging for One Heck of a Blot is really nice. It comes with a large mirror and a powder puff which is really handy, and the packaging itself feels really sturdy and good quality.
The powder is translucent and so would suit all skintones. This also means it doesn't really add any extra coverage to your makeup, it just helps set it.
I really love how the powder is so finely milled, as it means it doesn't look or feel heavy or cakey.
I find that it helps to control oil for about 4-5 hours, and so if you do have more oily skin you may need to retouch once throughout the day.
However, I do find it to look really natural whilst also controlling the oil reasonably well.

Overall I do really like this powder and would recommend it, whether you have more normal skin and are just looking for a setting powder, or whether you have more oily skin and want something that will help to control the oil. It sets my makeup well, never looks heavy or cakey as it is so finely milled and the packaging I think is really nice. 

Let me know if you have tried the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot and what you think of it!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and thank you for reading.

22 comments:

  1. Wow how gorgeous does that look!
    Cant wait to try it
    Sarah x
    thepalettee.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this recommendation Claire! I was going to repurchase the Bare Minerals Touch Up Veil which pretty much does the same job but I might try this instead.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I really recommend it so I really hope you like it xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh this looks great, I have oily patches too so am always on the hunt for a good powder that doesn't cake on. Do you know how it compares to Rimmel Stay Matte? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same with me, and I find they are both very similar actually :) Perhaps the Soap and Glory powder is slightly more finely milled and looks a bit more natural. But that said they are both very good powders :) xx

      Delete
  4. I would love to try this but I don't think it's available in the US.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! Hopefully they'll begin to sell them in the US soon :) xx

      Delete
  5. I have dry skin so I don't have too much of a need for this, but it sounds amazing. I really want to try some Soap and Glory products because I always hear rave reviews. They're packaging is always amazing, I feel like.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good even if you just want to slightly set your makeup :) And I love their packaging too! xx

      Delete
  6. Hello, I think your blog is awesome so I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. All the details are on my last blog post if your interested in doing it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) It means a lot that you nominated me! If its okay with you, because I have recently done the Liebster Award, I may answer the questions here: 1. I chose my blog name because my blog focuses mainly around beauty, 2. I don't really have a style icon as I find my style can change quite a lot, 3. I really like shopping (of course;), baking and reading, 4. My favourite book is Storyteller by Jodie Picoult, 5. I would say to look after my skin better and to not wear makeup at such a young age like I did, 6. I really like Topshop and Zara, 7. Family, friends, phone, Youtube and shopping, 8. My close family and friends do, 9. I have a cat named Missy :), 10. I would love a Michael Kors watch for Christmas :) xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, this looks really awesome, I'm super impressed :D I love your blog, would you mind checking out mine?

    Katie xoxo
    beautyinspirationstop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice :) Thank you, just followed you! xx

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous packaging, If only they had this in Sydney so I could check it out ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice :) That's a shame they don't have S&G in Syndey! Hopefully they'll introduce it soon :) xx

      Delete
  9. really want to try this, great review! just followed you on gfc too :) Xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been looking for a new powder, might give it a go :)

    Emma xo

    www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good :) I would recommend you to try it! xx

      Delete
  11. Hey! thought i'd let you know that ive tagged you in my latest post! go check it out! cant wait to read your replys! http://brittanysavannah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Looking forward to doing it! xx

      Delete