Wednesday, 2 October 2013

NARS Ride up to the Moon Eyeshadow Palette!

 Hello everyone,
For Autumn/Fall this year, NARS have released two beautiful eyeshadow palettes, and as a big fan of NARS and the beautiful array of Autumn colours these palettes had to offer, I decided to treat myself to the Ride up to the Moon palette.

The palette itself is in the lovely sleek NARS packaging as always, and has a handy large mirror on the inside of the lid. 
There are 6 eyeshadows in the palette:
Argentina, a stunning metallic gold which is a limited edition shade,
Isolde, which is a frosted ginger,
Night Porter, a dark moss green with shimmer,
Biarritz, a really nice versatile neutral cream colored beige,
Fez, a gorgeous shimmery cocoa,
Cordura, a shimmering sooty dark brown.

 As you can see, all of the shades are super versatile and absolutely perfect for Autumn and Winter.
They are all shimmers except for Biarritz, but I find them all to be really wearable.
L to R: Night Porter, Cordura, Biarritz, Argentina, Isolde, and Fez.
All of the eyeshadows are really pigmented, and although you can't really see 'Biarritz', it does make a good matte highlight shade or all over the lid shade.
At first I was slightly dubious over 'Night Porter', as in the pan it does look like a dark green. However, as you can see once swatched it does show up as a dark black shade with a green tint, so perfect for a night out or for creating a smokey eye.
'Cordura' is also a stunning colour, and is really pretty in the crease, as is 'Fez' which I find to be really pretty for a more daytime look.
'Argentina' I am obsessed with. It is so pretty on the lid and is perfect for any type of look. I also really like 'Isolde' as although at first I wasn't sure if the strong orange/gold tones would suit my skintone, once lightly blended over the lid with a slightly darker shade like 'Fez' in the crease, it actually makes a really pretty daytime or evening look.

The quality of the shadows I find to be really good. None of them are overly powdery or overly creamy, and I find them all really easy to apply and blend.
You can lightly dust them over the eye, or really pack them one for a more dramatic look, either way they all look gorgeous.
The longevity I would say is good. They last a good 6-8 hours without a primer before any creasing or fading, which I think is pretty impressive. If you wanted them to last even longer, then I would suggest using a primer.

On the whole I am really impressed with this palette.
I absolutely love it and can see myself getting a lot of wear out if it.
For £32, I think this palette is definitely worth it for an Autumn treat :)

Let me know if you too have this palette and what you think of it!

Thank you for reading,

18 comments:

  1. omg this is so pretty. I don't own any NARS eyeshadows but this one looks great for the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) These are my first NARS eyeshadows and so far I am really impressed :) xx

      Delete
  2. That palette looks gorgeous, I have never tried NARS eye shadows but always have a look at them when I pass a counter. I love the look of Argentina, it is so pretty!
    Becky xx | Becky’s Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my first NARS eyeshadows and so far I am really impressed :) I love Argentina too, it is beautiful! xx

      Delete
  3. This eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous and the colors look perfect for the fall!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :) And it's so wearable! xx

      Delete
  4. This palette has such gorgeous and wearable shades. I hope it's available here in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get your hands on it as it is so beautiful :) xx

      Delete
  5. I just want to let you know that I tagged you to do the beauty things I suck at tag! I hope you do it :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'll look forward to doing it! xx

      Delete
  6. Fab review Claire! I have the Fairy's Kiss palette, and I still want this one - they're both such gorgeous palettes aren't they? Like you, this palette was my first NARS eyeshadow buy and I think I'm now addicted haha! xxx
    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I was also interested in Fairy's Kiss but thought these colours may suit me a bit more, but I do think Fairy's Kiss looks beautiful as well :) xx

      Delete
  7. This palette looks so gorgeous..

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award- my questions are on my blog :)

    http://thatisbeautylicious.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-liebster-award-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Because I have recently done the Liebster Award, I hope its okay with you if I answer the questions here: 1) I probably look upto any of the beauty bloggers or youtubers just because they all have great styles and tastes, 2) Yes I have a rabbit, 3) I usually wear my hair natural, 4) Probably Anna from Viviannadoesmakeup as she would know all of the beauty essentials to bring, and I would go to America, 5) My most worn item are my leggings, 6) People who eat loudly, 7) My dream job would be working in the beauty industry doing marketing or buying or something like that, 8) Probably Topshop, 9) Blusher, 10) I usually don't put mascara on my bottom lashes, but I may do for an evening out, 11) I recently read Storyteller by Jodie Picoult which is so good :) Thank you for the awesome questions xx

      Delete
  8. I love NARS, this is such a pretty palette! xox

    http://ronnielodge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same :) I know, and it's so perfect for Autumn! xx

      Delete
  9. Ohh what a gorgeous palette :) you can definitely create tons of looks with this! love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can! It is so versatile :) xx

      Delete