Sunday, 27 October 2013

Mac Rebel Lipstick!

Hello everyone,
Happy Sunday!
Today I wanted to share with you Mac Rebel lipstick, a much loved and hyped up product that I had always wanted to try.
Recently, I had collected enough empty Mac products that I was able to do 'Back to Mac', which is where once you have finished 6 Mac products, you take them back to your nearest counter for the empty products to be recycled, and in turn, you get to choose a free Mac lipstick. A win-win situation!
I decided to choose Rebel as I would never have been brave enough to purchase it for myself, seeing as in the bullet it is a pretty terrifying colour. But as we're in the depths of Autumn, I thought I would give it a go.
Swatched on the hand, Rebel is a beautiful deep pink/plum shade. It is very opaque, so you only really need one swipe and you're good to go.
 On the lips, I tend to pat in on which gives a slightly more natural and stained look. It still gives you that beautiful deep fuschia colour, but perhaps a little more wearable for everyday.
Rebel is a satin finish, and so I find it to be quite matte but with still a slight sheen. As I do have dry lips, I find Rebel to be slightly more drying than say the cremesheen finishes, and so towards the end of the day I find myself applying lip balm. 
However, because Rebel is slightly matte, the longevity of it is really good. It lasts a good 3-4 hours before I have to top up, and as it slightly stains my lips, even through eating and drinking the colour still lasts.

Overall I really love this lipstick. Rebel is such a beautiful shade and is perfect for Autumn and Winter. Not only that but the finish is also really pretty and the longevity is excellent. 
Rebel will certainly not be leaving my lips for the next few months.

Let me know if you have tried Mac Rebel lipstick!

Thank you for reading,

12 comments:

  1. Rebel is next on my list to get, it's such a pretty colour. I also quite like how it's not as dark on the lips!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would really recommend it because it can be quite sheer or built up to a gorgeous opaque colour :) xx

      Delete
  2. that's a gorgeous colour :)

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely on my beauty wish list. I've heard amazing things about this color and the swatches look beautiful.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it :) And it's perfect for Autumn and Winter xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think so! Perfect for Autumn and Winter :) xx

      Delete
  5. love this shade! I didn't know mac did a buy back program.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is really good, once you have finished 6 products, take them back and they'll exchange it with a free lipstick of your choice :) xx

      Delete