Sunday, 20 October 2013

Bobbi Brown Corrector in 'Extra Light Bisque' | New Shade

Hello everyone,
Happy Sunday!
Earlier this year I was very excited to hear about the release of new shades for the Bobbi Brown corrector. Last year I did a review on the Bobbi Brown corrector in 'Light Bisque', and although I loved the product and used it most days, I had always felt it was a bit too dark for me. However, amongst the new shades that were released this Summer, 'Extra Light Bisque' was the perfect match for me seeing as it was a touch darker than 'Porcelain Bisque', but a touch lighter than 'Light Bisque'. 
The corrector in 'Extra Light Bisque' comes in exactly the same packaging, which I personally love as the little mirror and dinky pot makes it perfect for travelling.
 As you can see the shade 'Extra Light Bisque' still has that strong salmon/pink undertone which really helps to counteract that blue/purple tone my under eyes have. 
Once applied to my dark circles, this shade is significantly lighter than 'Light Bisque'. I find that this really helps to brighten my under eye area, which prior to this, 'Light Bisque' didn't do. I also think it looks more natural because it is lighter, but it still corrects my under eyes just as well.
The texture and longevity is still exactly the same. It is quite thick and creamy, and I find it best applied patted on with my ring finger. I also still like to set this with powder, as otherwise it will crease.

Overall I still love this corrector, and for my skintone I love the new shade 'Extra Light Bisque' even more than the shade I previously had, 'Light Bisque'.
For me, the new shade helps to brighten my under eyes more and looks more natural, and so if you did find you were in between the shades 'Porcelain Bisque' and 'Light Bisque', I would really recommend you to try out their new shade, 'Extra light Bisque'.

Let me know if you have tried the Bobbi Brown corrector?

I really help you found this post helpful, and thank you for reading.

10 comments:

  1. I STILL haven't tried anything from Bobbi Brown. I definitely will soon though because this sounds brilliant and I could do with a concealer type product like this for under my eyes.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my top products from Bobbi Brown so I definitely recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this yet but I should - i have really bad dark circles

    katespitz.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is excellent for dark circles as it really helps to correct the darkness but also brighten the area as well :) xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried bobbi brown, but I use collection under eye concealer, it's so cheap but does the job well. I'm not sure how the pinky kind of colour in this concealer would help with my under eye dark circles

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like the Collection concealer :) But the pinky tone is meant to counteract the blue/purple tone some dark circles have xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great product :) I have the BB concealer and I really don't like it, it is caky and heavy on my skin - I might have to try this x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, but I know what you mean about it sometimes feeling heavy. However, I find it best using a smaller amount as a little bit does go a long way :) xx

      Delete
  5. Nice Blog :)

    Wanna follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Facebook or Twitter???

    Just let me know and I will make sure to follow ya back
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried any Bobbi Brown yet, but good to know if I do check it out. I'm one of those people who is not too pale but not anywhere close beige territory!

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete