Monday, 16 September 2013

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15!

Hello everyone,
Today I wanted to share with you the Bobbi Brown Lip Balm that I picked up at the end of summer whilst in London.
I had been interested in this product for a while after the Bobbi Brown makeup artist used it on me when I went for my BB makeover. I felt like it prolonged the longevity of the lipstick and kept my lips feeling and looking moisturised.
The lip balm comes in this really beautiful metal tin which to me is quite old school, and the product itself although looks slightly pink in the tin, is actually clear once applied.

Bobbi Brown claim that this is a 'comfortable, non-greasy lip balm' that 'immediately goes to work comforting and protecting lips'.
I definitely agree this lip balm is non-greasy which is really nice as it makes it feel very light on the lips. I also find it to be non-sticky, as it has a super smooth texture. 
As I do have really dry lips, I like to wear this underneath my lipstick or lipgloss to try and moisturise my lips as much as possible. I do find that it does an okay job of moisturising my lips, but throughout the day I have found that my lips do still get the odd dry patch.
However, because this lipbalm also works as a primer, I do find any lip product I put on top of it goes on really easily and smoothly. I would also say the lip balm prolongs the longevity of any lip product I put over it.

On the whole I am slightly disappointed with the moisturising abilities of this lipbalm as I was expecting it to do a better job. However, I do think the more I use it the more the texture will soften, which may help to moisturise my lips. 
I do like the fact it is non-greasy and non-sticky, and acts as a primer for your lipstick. 
I have also found it to be really good over the top of a more drying lip product as it is clear and has an almost 'matte' finish.

It is a treat as I usually would never spend a lot on a lipbalm, but if you are a lip junkie like myself or find matte lipsticks to be too drying for you, I would recommend giving it ago.

Let me know if you have tried the Bobbi Brown Lip Balm by leaving a comment down below!

Thank you for reading,

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Bobbi Brown Lip Balm but it looks like such a nice luxurious product!

    Please check out my new post

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice product for a treat :) xx

      Delete
  2. The packaging of the product looks amazing but as much as I want to, I can't justify spending a lot of money on a lip balm! xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous :) No absolutely, but I think for a treat this is really nice :) xx

      Delete
  3. I have tagged you to do the Liebster award tag!
    here are your questions:

    My questions for you:
    1. What is one beauty product you cannot live without?
    2. How long do you spend pampering yourself a day?
    3. How would you describe your personal style?
    4. Where do you see yourself / want to be in 10 years?
    5. What is your favourite brand of makeup?
    6. How long have you loved Fashion | Beauty for?
    7. How long have you been reading blogs for?
    8. What is your favourite song at the moment?
    9. Do you hold many regrets in life?
    10. One item of clothing you could not live without?

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Because I have recently done the Liebster Award, I hope its okay with you if I answer the questions here: 1. Concealer as I have horrendous dark circles, 2. I would say it varies from day to day as it depends what I am doing in the day :), 3. Probably quite classic and simple, 4. I would love to be living in London and working in the beauty industry doing some sort of marketing or advertising, 5. That is so hard, but I do love NARS, Bobbi Brown and Maybelline, 6. About 5 years, 7. About 3 years, 8. I am still loving Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, 9. No I don't actually have any regrets in life, luckily :), 10. Probably leggings, I pretty much live in them. Thank you so much for the awesome questions :) xx

      Delete
  4. this looks so cute, i am a sucker for cute packging but it souds pretty good too, i never splash out on balms but with the colder weather sneaking up on us i think i might treat myself.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! I do love it :) Yeah it may be worth a try as after I get home I like to apply it and I find it really nourishes my lips xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a great product. I've been looking for a great lip balm!

    http://krys-gloss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this, it is a really nice treat :) xx

      Delete
  6. Hey i just thought that i would let you know that ive tagged you in my last blog! 'The Autumn tag' check it out! cant wait to see your reply!http://brittanysavannah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll definitely be doing that as I love Autumn and I love tags :) xx

      Delete