Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray!

Hello everyone,
After picking up this months issue of Elle magazine after being lured in by the 50ml bottle of the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray that came with it, I thought I would share my thoughts on the cult classic.

Bumble and Bumble claim that this product will give you the 'ultimate blow dry' by being used on wet hair before blow drying, or it will give you a 'set-ready finish' after being used on already styled hair.
Intrigued by the words 'ultimate blow dry', shortly after washing my hair and using heat protectant, I spritzed this product throughout my hair, focusing mainly on the roots in the thought of it giving my hair volume. I then blow dried my hair as usual.
The finished result? My hair was left smooth with no frizz, which is what I love. I can't say that I noticed that much added volume or thickness to my hair which was a bit disappointing, but I was very happy with the sleek and smoothness of my hair.
I also found that it held the styling of my hair for a couple of days before it was ready to be washed again, which is really helpful as it means I don't have to go back in with straighteners the following day. I also felt that it didn't weigh my hair down, nor did it feel like there was a lot of product in it.

Overall I am very glad I tried this product. Although it didn't live up to my expectations in the volume and thickening category, it did pleasantly surprise me with it's smoothing abilities. My hair was left unfrizzy with no fly aways, and very manageable.

Have you tried the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray?
If so, please leave a comment down below!

I hope you found this review helpful, and thank you for reading.

12 comments:

  1. Haven't used this yet, only their beach waves product. I'll have to see if the new Elle is in stores here and try it out :)

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really interested in trying their Surf line but haven't got round to purchasing them :) xx

      Delete
  2. Heyy Lovely, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, Check out my Blog for the details. Love your blog!!xx
    http://victorialouiseloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    Victoria Louise <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means a lot to me :) I have recently done the Liebster Award and so I may wait until I do it again, but thank you nonetheless! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried this product...my hair is so thick it already has enough volume as it is, but I've used the surf spray before and it's the best thing in the history of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been interested in the surf spray but wasn't sure if it would work with my hair xx

      Delete
  4. Really love your blog! Any tips on how to get more followers? I'm new at blogger and would love if you checked it out! Maybe even followed? Love you! http://brittanysavannah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would just say be yourself and try and post regularly :) xx

      Delete
  5. I started a new blog and would be great if I could know what you think about him. Follow me if you like. Lots of love.
    http://ritaeme.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed, you've got a great blog :) xx

      Delete
  6. I found the exact same as you, not much difference with the thickness but my hair dried so mich quicker!

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the overall look it gives my hair and I would also say it makes my hair dry quicker :) xx

      Delete