Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Recent Purchases #5 | Ft. Bobbi Brown

Hello everyone,
I mentioned in my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner review that I had been for a Bobbi Brown makeover due to my exams finally ending, and asked if you guys would like to see the products I picked up from them.
Now, I purchased these products for my end of year prom, and so only splurged because the products are for an event. But with that said, lets move onto the products themselves.

Bobbi Brown is actually one of my favourite makeup brands. I love their ethos of natural beauty, and so thought they would be perfect for doing my prom makeup.
Luckily, the lovely lady at the counter did the makeup just how I wanted, and so I went away with a few things to use for my prom night.
From Left to Right, clockwise
Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in 'Champagne Quartz 2'
I picked up one of their metallic eyeshadows in 'Champagne Quartz 2', as it is a beautiful shimmery champagne colour, perfect for all over the lid. I will be doing a full review of all of the products I picked up, but I still have to say the quality of this eyeshadow is amazing.
It applies really easily and is quite pigmented. It also lasts all day and doesn't crease, so perfect for if you're going to an event or party and want your makeup to last.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation in 'Porcelain'
The lady at the counter used their new Long-Wear Even Finish foundation on me, as I told her I have combination-oily skin. Although I have only used this once since I bought it, I can tell you that this foundation offers me excellent coverage without looking or feeling heavy or cakey. The colour is perfect and it lasts really well too.

Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in 'Velvet Plum 3'
The next eyeshadow I got was another one of their Metallic Eyeshadows, this time in 'Velvet Plum 3'. The colour is really hard to describe: it is a mixture of plum, copper and bronze with gold and silver shimmer. However, once in the crease, it looks beautiful, especially with the 'Champagne Quartz 2' shade. Again the quality of this is so nice. Pigmented, long-lasting and really easy to apply.

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 'Violet Ink 4'
I have already done a review of this product (HERE), but I still wanted to mention it in this post. It is a beautiful, dark purple shade, which is very smooth and lasts all day. With the two eyeshadows, it looks really nice, and makes the look quite different to if you used black or brown eyeliner.

So they are the products I picked up from the Bobbi Brown makeover.
I will be doing reviews for the products, and please check out the review of the eyeliner if you want to know more about it and see swatches of it. 
Like I said, these products are for my prom, and I thought you guys may want to see a sneak peak of the products I will be using for my prom.
I will of course be doing a full post on my prom makeup, so please stay tuned for that.

I really hope you enjoyed this post and found it interesting. Please leave a comment down below as I love hearing what you guys think.
Thank you for reading,

8 comments:

  1. I have never tried Bobbi Brown's makeup but I remember loving her books so I might give it a go!

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend their makeup - it is such good quality :) xx

      Delete
  2. i really need to get my hands on some bobbie brown products can you believe i don't own 1 thing!!

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend their products :) The products I have from them are so nice! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow you picked up some really lovely things!
    The eyeshadows sound amazing. I've never tried anything from Bobbi Brown but really want to.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The eyeshadows are so good! The quality of all their products is amazing :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'd really like to try out some bobbi brown products! Would you like to follow each other's blogs via bloglovin? Let me know on my blog. :)

    http://emmasuperina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend their products! They are such good quality :) xx

      Delete