Friday, 19 July 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lip Crayon in 'Peach on the Beach'

Hello everyone,
During a recent trip to Boots, I became very excited when I saw the new Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lip Crayon as I had seen many bloggers rave about the new release.
All of the colours I thought looked really nice and pigmented, but after much deliberation, I settled on the shade 'Peach on the Beach'.

First of all, the packaging for the new Bourjois Colour Boosts I think is really nice. 
The colour of the packaging represents the colour of the actual crayon, which I think is really cute, as well as really helpful when you are looking through your makeup drawer.
To get more product, you simply twist the end, which is a lot easier then having to sharpen it.
I was pleasantly surprised by the pigmentation of the lip crayon.
The shade 'Peach on the Beach' is a gorgeous pigmented peachy pink, so perfect for summer. Whilst on me the colour is quite bright, I have seen it on other people and on them it does look a lot softer.

The application of the lip crayon is also really good. 
It glides on really smooth with excellent colour pay off, and feels thick enough to be really hydrating whilst being not too thick so that it isn't sticky or heavy.
It leaves a beautiful glossy finish and feels very hydrating upon application.
I also love how the lip crayon contains SPF 15, as it means your lips can stay protected in the summer sun.
I find this product to last about 2 hours on me before wearing off, which unfortunately doesn't live up to the '10hr Comfort and Hydration' Bourjois claim.
That said for a hydrating and glossy sort of lipstick, I think the longevity of it is quite reasonable. 

Overall though I really do love this product, and for £7.99 from Boots, I don't really think you can go wrong.
I think Bourjois have nailed the lip crayon trend by offering really pretty summery colours, excellent pigmentation, and a gorgeous hydrating and glossy finish.

Please let me know down below if you have tried any of the Bourjois Colour Boost Glossy Finish Lip Crayons as I would love to know what you thought of them!

I hope you found his review helpful, and thank you for reading.

10 comments:

  1. It seems that bourjois have it nailed but they seem a bit late on the bandwagon! Great review!Beth May Blogs
    My Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color!!! thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    and I added you by g+ too! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a wonderful weekend!! my g+ for your post!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I have mine in red sunrise, it's so pretty!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'll have to check that out because I thought all of the colours looked so pretty :) xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try this, and the other colours too! Heard so many good things :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend them :) They're so nice for summer and all of the shades look so pretty! xx

      Delete