Saturday, 22 June 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette!

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all well! 
The other day I finally caved and treated myself to the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.
I had been eyeing this up for the longest time, as although I am not really an eyeshadow wearer, I thought the Naked Basics palette would be the perfect place to start my little eyeshadow collection.
With 5 matte colours and 1 satin, all neutrals, I thought it would be perfect for any eyeshadow newbie like myself.
So the 5 colours you get are (L to R): Venus - an off-white satin shade, Foxy - a matte cream shade, Walk of Shame - a light nude matte, Naked 2 -  a matte cool toned taupe, Faint - a matte dark brown and Crave - a deep matte brown/black. 
From Left to Right - Walk of Shame, Foxy, Venus.
From Left to Right - Naked 2, Faint, Crave
For me, I love all of the colours. I do think Venus, Foxy and W.O.S are quite similar, but with Venus being a satin and Foxy having a yellow undertone compared to W.O.S which has more of a pink undertone, they all do look slightly different on the lid. I love these colours as an all-over the lid shade, or as a highlight. 
I love Naked 2 as an everyday shade to slightly deepen up the crease and add more dimension. I have also found it to be a great eyebrow shade for softly filling in the odd sparse bit. Faint is a beautiful dark, chocolate brown, which I think looks gorgeous when used on the crease or as an everyday liner shade. Lastly, Crave would be amazing for a dark smokey eye, but I also love it for a natural liner, as it can be blended out which is really nice for everyday.

The quality of these eyeshadows is incredible. 
I find them to be non-chalky and very smooth and easy to apply. They last all day on me, and bearing in mind I do have oily eyelids. 
They can be really packed on with a damp eyeshadow brush to be more intense, or really sheared out (like above) for a more natural look.

I am so happy with the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, and can see myself using it on a daily basis.
I purchased it for £18 from Debenhams as they were having a 10% off sale on the day, which I don't think is bad at all as it makes each shadow £3 each.

Have you tried the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette?
If so, please leave a comment down below!

So I really hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope you found it helpful. Please leave a comment down below as I love hearing what you guys think!
Thank you for reading, 


10 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of buying this palette forever - but I somehow always end up not buying it.. Maybe next time, is going to be the time that I actually buy it (:

    - xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the post helped :) And I hope you like the palette! xx

      Delete
  2. Ive never been fussed by the look of this but I love the Naked 2!
    Beth May Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure whether to buy this for ages but now that I have I can see myself using it daily - I do think it is worth it :)
      Yeah I really want to try the Naked 1 and 2 now ;) xx

      Delete
  3. I also need to cave and get this! I could also see myself using it daily.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) I would really urge you to cave! It is such a nice palette :) xx

      Delete
  4. I actually just got this too!
    Its such a perfect palette for everyday use!
    Great post :)
    -Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! So nice for everyday looks :) xx

      Delete
  5. I bought this a few weeks ago but I've not used it yet. I really don't know why as it looks so pretty.

    I also like the slightly rubbery feel of its case. Strange.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) It's really easy to use but still looks really pretty once applied! Same, I also love the packaging :) xx

      Delete