Sunday, 30 June 2013

Going for the Wing | Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 'Violet Ink 4'!

Hello everyone,
I hope you have all had a great week!
After my exams finally finished I treated myself to a Bobbi Brown makeover. I personally love Bobbi Brown, with their corrector and BB cream being some of my favourite products.
I asked the lady to do a potential prom makeup look on me, and luckily, it came out just as I wanted, and so treated myself to some of the products she used on me.
One of the products was their Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 'Violet Ink 4', and so today I thought I would share with you how I have been wearing it.

Firstly, the packaging of this is beautiful. A lovely glass jar, although not the most practical, does make this product feel quite luxury. 
The colour 'Violet Ink' is a gorgeous deep purple colour. It is only until you get close up to the eye can you see it is a purple colour.

So the lovely lady at the Bobbi Brown counter did a slight flick with the eyeliner for my prom makeup, and as I complete newbie to gel eyeliner, I have been practicing to try and get the knack of it. So as you can tell I am by no means an expert at doing a winged liner, but hopefully you can see the sort of colour and effect the colour 'Violet Ink' gives you.
I personally love it as an alternative to black, and it'll look particularly good if you have brown, hazel or green eyes.

Formula wise, the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner is amazing. It is so smooth and easy to apply (I like applying it with the Real Techniques Fine Liner brush), and is very long lasting. On me I find it to last the whole day without transferring or smudging.

Although on the pricey side, if you love a gel eyeliner or want something easy and reliable if you're a newbie then I would highly suggest trying the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner.

Let me know if you have tried any of the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliners!
And let me know if you would like to see the other products which I picked up at the 'makeover'.

So I really hope you enjoyed today's post, and if GFC does go tomorrow please follow me on Bloglovin' so you are kept up to date with my posts. 
Thank you for reading,


4 comments:

  1. I've never thought of using dark purple liner to do a winged liner look. This one looks so lovely! I'd love to see the other products that you got.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think it makes a nice alternative! I will definitely be doing a post then on the other items I picked up :) xx

      Delete
  2. lovely look! x
    http://claire-couture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete