Sunday, 21 April 2013

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in '01 Rose Shimmer'

Hello Everyone,
Hope you have all had a great week!
Whilst coming home from Paris, I treated myself to the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in '01 Rose Shimmer' as I had heard so many great things about them. I was able to purchase this for about €12 at the shop at the station which is an amazing deal considering these are £17 over here. 
I am a big fan of Clarins and so was really looking to trying this out.

So Clarins says this product will 'smooth' your lips and give them a 'subtle, natural colour'. The 'soft, gel formula' is said to 'nourish, repair and protect', which is exactly what I like in a lip product as I find my lips can get dry easily.

I love the pretty pink packaging for this product, and the applicator which is a sponge so really different to normal lip glosses.
The colour '01 Rose Shimmer' is a very sheer light pink, and on me is barely visible. 
The product though gives a nice gloss finish without feeling sticky or heavy.
I have been really impressed with this product because although it doesn't give any colour to my lips, I find it to be softening and nourishing like Clarins claim.
I like the feel and texture of the gloss as it doesn't feel sticky, and the product has an amazing scent of sweet vanilla. 
I love the sponge applicator as I find it applies the product very evenly and smoothly. 
The longevity of the product is also really good. I would say it lasts about 3-4 hours on me, even if I have eaten. 

For those 'no makeup' days I think this product is perfect, and I would also love to try out some of the brighter colours as well.
I do think £17 is quite a lot of a lip gloss, but if you want a break from lipstick or want something that is nourishing for your lips, I would highly recommend this!

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecters?
If so please leave a comment down below!

I really hope you found this review helpful. Please leave a comment down below as I love hearing what you guys think.
Thank you for reading,

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the looks of this- thanks for the review! Really like that it's a mix of balm and gloss. Looks so pretty on you! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I know I love that too, it's really moisturising! and thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Really glad you've done a review on this, it's been really helpful :) It's made me want to try one! Do you think all of the shades might be quite sheer? I guess it doesn't matter because like you said, they are moisturising which is a selling point.

    Hannah from http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you found it helpful! I think the first 3 shades are sheer, but they released 3 new shades recently called Petal Shimmer, Candy Shimmer and Rosewood Shimmer, which are all more pigmented but are still of the same moisturising formula! xx

      Delete
  3. I'll check them out :) Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete