Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints in 'Lychee'

Hi Everyone,
Hope you're all having a great week!
After hearing so many bloggers and youtubers rave about the new Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints, I thought I would check them out.
The nail polishes are said to have a high shine gel-like finish, and so I was very intrigued to see if the texture and application would be different, and to see if a top coat was needed.
I decided to try the nude colour 'Lychee', as I think nude's look really nice once you find the right one for your skintone, and as Estee from EssieButton loves this colour I thought it could work. 
Application wise I definitely had to get used to it. The brush is quite spindly and so you have to go over the nail several times. I would say the polish slightly thicker, which sort of makes it quite gloopy to apply. However, once you get the hang of it it becomes much easier.
I found that the polish dried surprisingly quickly and left quite a shiny finish. It wasn't as shiny as I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't poor.
The colour 'Lychee' I do think is quite nice. It is a lovely nude which the slightest ever hint of pink/peach. I am not 100% sure if it suits my skin colour, but it is a nice change to wear a nude as I usually always go for quite dark colours.
Longevity wise, after about 3 days it has begun to chip which is slightly disappointing but not surprising considering I didn't use a top coat. 

Overall I do quite like this nail polish. The application is good once you've gotten the hang if it, and I do like the finish. The longevity is okay and the colour 'Lychee' I think is quite nice, but there are others I do want to try like 'Papaya'. 

For £3.99 I still would recommend this nail polish, and I would purchases another one.
Let me know what you think of the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints if you have tried them!

I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. 
Thank you for reading,

2 comments: