Friday, 22 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation!

Hi Everyone,
Happy Friday! I have been super excited to share with you the new Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation. I had heard such good things about this product, and have always longed for an inexpensive foundation that still looks natural. 
When I saw this in Boots I was very excited, and at £8.99 I thought I couldn't go wrong. The shade I got in the end was '120 Vanilla'. There is a shade lighter though called 'Ivory', but that has quite a pink undertone, compared to 'Vanilla' which has quite a yellow undertone. Now, I personally think I have quite a neutral undertone, so it took me a long time deliberating which colour to get. After using the foundation now for several weeks, I do think the lighter shade may have been better at the moment, but once blended 'Vanilla' does work and look fine!

So the packaging is quite a standard glass bottle with a screw top cap. Annoyingly it doesn't have a pump and so you do (or at least I do!) end up pouring too much out which does get pretty frustrating. That said though I can live without a pump, and after a while you do get used to it.
Like I said the shade 'Vanilla' does have quite a strong yellow undertone, and is ever so slightly too dark for my skin at the moment. The consistency is very runny and thin, making it a doddle to blend. I love using the Real Techniques Buffing brush for this. 
Here is a before and after picture. With no makeup, my skin is very uneven and has some red areas (although the photo isn't picking them up!). I also have blemishes and scarring on my chin which you can see. 
Once with a layer of the foundation on, and concealer under my eyes and blush on my cheeks, you can see just how natural it is, whilst doing a lovely job in evening and smoothing out my skin, and reducing the redness of my blemishes. It is so easy to blend, and leaves quite a satin finish. As I have oily skin, I do set it with powder, which also helps the longevity of the foundation, which on my skin is about 8 hours. 

However, I did at first think this broke me out, and although after using it for several weeks I haven't severely broken out, I'm not really sure whether my skin 100% agrees with it, which is really annoying. 

Overall though I do love this foundation. It does leave a natural finish to the skin, and can be left looking quite glowy, or set with a powder if you get oily throughout the day. It lasts well and I think the colour selection is also pretty good. 

At £8.99 I do think it is worth getting, and I would really recommend it, despite the lack of pump and the possibility of it not 100% working with my skin.

Have you tried the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation?

I really hope you enjoyed this review, and please leave a comment down below as I love to see what you guys think!
Thank you for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment