Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer!

Hi Everyone,
I hope you're all well!  
As a person who suffers from bad dark circles, I am always on the hunt for new concealers and correctors to try. I currently use a combo of the Bobbi Brown Corrector and the Collections Lasting Perfection concealer, both of which I love. However, several months ago I purchased the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer, after seeing so many amazing reviews about it. 

I bought it in the lightest shade, '51 Eclat Clair', but after using it a couple of times I thought it was way too dark for me and so put it to the back of my drawers. However, recently I gave it a second chance after seeing Estee from EssieButton rave about it. 
So as I said I do suffer from really bad dark circles, and so I always use concealer to help brighten and lift my eyes. I still do think the shade I have, '51', is slightly darker then I would like it to be for a concealer, as it has a very strong yellow undertone which is quite dark. 
But colour aside the actual concealer is really good. As you can see it has corrected quite a bit of the darkness, making my eyes look less tired. The camera has slightly washed out the colour, as in real life it is darker, and so because of that this concealer doesn't really brighten under my eyes. Therefore, to further brighten my eyes, I do use the Collections Lasting Perfection concealer over the top of the Bourjois concealer.
I also find this concealer to last really well. It dries to a semi-matte finish and on me doesn't crease, and so I don't really need to set it with a powder.
I'm not a fan of the packaging because I find having to squeeze out the product makes me squeeze out too much, which does get frustrating.

Overall I would say for £7.49 it's a good concealer that is worth trying, as long as you do not have fair skin like myself. It offers really good coverage, lasts well and doesn't crease, and so this would be 'the perfect' concealer if it was in a lighter shade. I am finding that throughout the day it does seem to oxidise slightly and so by the end of the day there are quite dark patches of colour peeking through. 
I think for now I will go back to my Bobbi Brown corrector and Collections concealer combo, but I am still happy I gave the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer a second try.

Let me know if you've tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer and what you think of it!

I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful, and please leave a comment down below as I love to hear what you think!
Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment