Sunday, 20 January 2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo!

Hi Everyone,
Hope you're all well and have had a great week!

Today I wanted to talk about the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo. I picked this up a month or so ago after hearing amazing reviews of how this has really helped to clear people's skin, and due to suffering from pretty bad breakouts on my t-zone I thought I would give it a try.

La Roche Posay claim that this product will help unclog pores and purify to "help reduce the development of future breakouts" and help to "reduce skin imperfections, leaving skin looking clearer and feeling smoother".

So I did have pretty high expectations, especially as the product is £9.99 and from a really good brand.

However, I am really sad to say that I am so disappointed with this product.

It's not that I dislike the product and that it has made my skin even worse, it's just that it has made no difference what so ever. 
My skin still has bad breakouts on the t-zone and I don't think my pores are any more unclogged. 
That said though my skin isn't worse.

I do still use this morning and evening as an all-over moisturiser, and what I do like about this is that it leaves your skin smooth and mattified, but at the same time with a healthy glow. It doesn't leave my skin tight like some mattifying moisturises do, but it still does take away that oily feeling. 
But, I do want to mention the smell because at first I thought the scent was disgusting, almost like insect repellant that you use on holiday. However, after using it for quite a while I have gotten used to it and find it is no longer quite so pungent. 

Overall, I would still recommend this product because it is a good moisturiser. Although it didn't work for me, it could still work for you. 
I won't be repurchasing it in the future but I am still happy I tried it. I also would still try more La Roche-Posay products, because despite this product not working, I don't see why other products wouldn't.

Let me know if you have tried this product too and what you thought of it.
Also please let me know if there are any other good products from them, or a different brand, that you recommend for spot-prone skin!

I hope you found this review helpful, and thank you for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment