Monday, 28 January 2013

Clarins Rouge Eclat Lipstick!

Hi Everyone,
Hope you're all well! On Saturday, my Mum and I enjoyed a lovely day shopping for my 16th which is in the next few days, and whilst there I treated myself to a couple of new items, my excuse being "Well, it is my birthday!".

So whilst looking around John Lewis, the new Rouge Eclat lipsticks from Clarins caught my eye. I had never even looked at Clarins before, but the beautiful array of colours meant I couldn't resist! The lady at the counter was super friendly and really helpful. I told her I like everyday nude/pink colours, and she recommend me the colour '01 Nude Rose', which is a really pretty 'your lips but better colour', and perfect for everyday.
Clarins claim the lipsticks will "protect lips against dehydration and boost collagen, Vitamin E protects against free radicals and 100% plant waxes provide instant comfort" which is thanks to the "Nutri-Youth Complex".  

I can't really say I have noticed the 'boost collagen' claim, but I'm sure they do. However, I do agree that the lipsticks provide instant comfort. They are very creamy and moisturising on the lips, which is really nice especially in this cold and windy weather. They provide a really nice pop of colour, and compared to other moisturising lipsticks, they last a good few hours.
I also think the packaging is gorgeous, and the lipsticks themselves apply really well. 

Compared to the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks which are a similar type of product (review HERE), I would definitely recommend the Clarins more. Not only are they a few pounds cheaper, with the Clarins at £18.50 and the Chanel at £23, they last longer and are way more hydrating. The colour I have in the Chanel is 'Boy' which is very similar to 'Nude Rose'.

Overall I am really loving this product, and am sort of tempted to go back because they had  some stunning colours! However, I shall refrain as they aren't the cheapest at £18 each.
Let me know if you too have tried these lipsticks and what you think of them!

I hope you have a great week, and thank you so much for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment