Monday, 31 December 2012

The Best of 2012!

Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year's Eve!

2012 has been an amazing year and I definitely have had many highlights. Although there have been some rough and stressful times, it has ended on a high note. 

I want to say a massive thank you to my lovely followers for all the support I have received for my blog. I started my blog mid year, and the past 6 months have really been amazing. 

I now want to share with you my 2012 favourites to help round off the year. I have discovered some really great products, and am hoping 2013 will also bring in some new discoveries.

Makeup Favourites!
Max Factor Face Finity Foundation - This foundation provides amazing coverage but still sits light on the skin. It lasts all day, is really easy to apply and overall is a great foundation I discovered towards the later end of the year.
Smashbox Photofinish primer - I really great primer which makes my skin so smooth and silky. It helps control the oil and make my make up stay in place for longer.
Mac Extra Dimension Highlighter in "Whisper of Gilt" - A stunning gold shimmer highlighter which really does leave the high points of your face with an amazing shimmer. It looks beautiful in photos and I can see it lasting me for ages.
Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in "Sable Rose" - Only really towards the end of the year did I really get the hang of this bronzer. It leaves your skin with a lovely healthy glow without making your skin look like a disco ball.
Mac Fix + - This is definitely one of my very favourite products of the year. Without using this my make up feels unfinished. I love how refreshing it feels and how it makes your make up look more natural. I can see myself repurchasing this over and over again.
Benefit Badgal Mascara - Although just a sample, this mascara works really well for me. The formula is quite dry and so I find it easy to apply. It gives my lashes really good length and volume, and I'm still deciding whether or not to buy the full size!
Tarte 12-hour Clay Blush in "Exposed" - This colour is so beautiful on my fair skin as it really helps to warm it up. It lasts all day, and I love the fact it's matte.
Korres Lip Butter in "Jasmine" - I really nice lip butter that is very moisturising and leaves your lips very smooth. I am very tempted to purchase the more brighter colours of this lip butter!
NARS Blush in "Deep Throat" - This blush is so easy to apply and wear, and looks super pretty on the cheeks.
Bobbi Brown Corrector - Although I wasn't a massive fan of this product to begin with, as I got the hang of it and used it with my Collection's concealer, I started to feel like I couldn't live without it. I think it does make a difference to my under eye area, as it really helps to brighten and correct the blue/purple undertone. 

Nail Polish Favourites!
Essie "Bahama Mama" - A really lovely colour for Autumn. It is the perfect plum colour which I find looks beautiful on any skintone.
OPI Bondettes Collection - Although I only got these 4 mini OPI colours for Christmas, they have rapidly become my all time favourites. The colours are stunning and nothing like what I have already. Also, the formulas are amazing and the mini bottles are super adorable.

Fragrance Favourites! 
YSL Manifesto Perfume - Again I only got this perfume for Christmas, but I am already completely in love with it. The scent is quite sophisticated and classic but still quite sweet. I also love the packaging.
Victoria's Secret Angels Fragrance Mist - I love this as a daily perfume as the scent is girly and sweet yet still quite sophisticated.

So they wrap up my all time 2012 favourites!

I know that I haven't included any skincare, bodycare or haircare and that's only really because this year I don't think I have found anything that is truly a life changing product. I have however still found some really awesome products which I would recommend. 
There are also other make up products and nail polishes which I still love, but it was so hard to condense them, and I had to think really carefully about what products I actually would repurchase and that I use most days.

I really hope you enjoyed this post, please leave any questions down below as I would be more than happy to answer! 
Also leave a comment down below telling me what your 2012 favourites are.
A lot of the products shown I have done a review on so if you want you can check those out.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a great night tonight. 
Happy New Year's Eve!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I totally agree with most of your favorites, especially the Korres lip butter and Essie Bahama Mama :)

    Happy new year! xo
    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, I love both of those products.

      Happy New Year too! xxx

      Delete
    2. Every time I go to America, I love smelling the perfumes in Victorias Secret, they're so amazing! x

      Delete