Monday, 24 December 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream!

Hi Everyone,
Merry Christmas Eve! I really hope you all have an amazing Christmas and get everything you wished for. 
Now although this post isn't related to Christmas at all, I have been meaning to do it since the summer. During the summer I requested my sample of the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream and have been waiting for the right day to try it. I had heard mixed reviews about this BB cream and so was curious about trying it. The other day I finally had a good opportunity to try it and am hear to give you my verdict. 

So the sample pack itself is great because you get 3 samples which means you can get quite a good idea of how much you like it. They send you the shade 'Light' which is the lightest shade. For me it looked quite orange when I first applied it, but because the coverage is sheer/light it blended into my skin well.

Maybelline claim this product does 8 things to you skin;
- Imperfections look blurred
- A natural looking glow
- Fresh feel
-Compliments skin tone
-Skin looks smooth
- Hydrates
-Protects with SPF 30
- Oil-free, non-greasy

So it has a lot to live up to, and to see how well it did, I am going to talk through each point and say whether or not I agree with it.

A quick before and after shot. The picture on the left is my skin with just moisturiser on. You can see I have a really bad breakout on my chin, and a couple of spots on my temple. I also have redness around my nose too. The picture on the right, although I have concealed under my eyes, powdered through the centre of my face and added blusher to my cheeks, you can still see the effect of the BB cream.

1. Imperfections look blurred
I have very bad breakouts around my t-zone and so for me, I was quite confident this claim wouldn't live up to expectations. But I was pleasantly quite surprised. Although this BB cream offers sheer/light coverage, it is buildable and so I did add more to the areas I wanted more coverage. It didn't completely cover up my blemishes, but then again a BB cream isn't really meant to offer full coverage. It did help though to reduce the redness and make them look less obvious, but I wouldn't rely on this for a night out or special occasion. 

2. A natural looking glow
I have to 100% agree with this claim. Although you may not be able to see it quite so well in the picture because I did powder, this BB cream does leave you skin with a very healthy glow. It also didn't feel greasy or sticky though which was what was so great as well. 

3. Fresh feel
I can't really say I noticed this quite so much. But because it felt very light then I guess it does feel fresh,

4. Compliments skin tone
I do sort of agree with this because it did compliment my natural skin tone. However, this BB cream only comes in 4 shades and so not everyone will find a perfect match. Then again BB creams and Tinted moisturises, because they usually offer light coverage, it means that there is some lean way when it comes to the right shade.

5. Skin looks smooth
Again, I do sort of agree with this because it did make my skin feel smooth which was pretty good considering it left my skin with a glow. 

6. Hydrates
I have combination/oily skin and so I didn't notice this, however someone with drier skin my be able to notice if this hydrated their skin. But what I will say is that although this is meant to hydrate, I didn't notice it make my skin too oily too quickly. 

7. Protects with SPF 30
Due to it being the middle of Winter, and being exceptionally cloudy and rainy, I can't say I noticed this. However, in summer and whenever it is sunny, having SPF 30 is brilliant as it will protect your skin.

8. Oil-free, non-greasy
Having combination skin, this factor is really important to me. When I first put it on, because of the glow it gave my skin, I did feel like this would slide off my face after a couple of hours. But with using a primer and powdering, this actually lasted for about 7-8 hours without making my face too oily, which was great.

Overall I am actually quite impressed with this BB cream. It left my skin with a nice finish and was easy to apply. Although this is not for me everyday because I do have bad breakouts, days when my skin is being good or days when in summer it is hot, I think this is a really great product. It also seems like it would suit most skin types which is also another excellent point. 
This retails for £7.99 which I don't think is too bad. It is definitely one of the best BB creams I have tried, with Bobbi Brown's BB cream next to it. 

I really hope you found this review helpful and please leave a comment down below as I love to see what you guys think.
I wish you all a very merry Christmas and hope you have super amazing days tomorrow.
Thank you,

No comments:

Post a Comment