Friday, 9 November 2012

Smashbox Photo finish Primer Review!

Hi Everyone,
Happy Friday!
Today I wanted to do a review on the Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I don't usually wear primer, but when I saw a travel set containing a 30ml and 15ml size of the product on the plane to Spain during the summer, I thought it was worth trying. 
My mum actually had the 30ml size as she did pay, but I was very pleased be able to try out the product after hearing really good reviews. So after using it recently for several weeks, I thought it was time to do a review.

The Smashbox website describes this product as;

"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A and E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation to increase longevity, our best-selling primer helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. Oil-free! "
It comes out as a gel formula, and is actually quite thick and sticky. But once you blend it into the skin it feels weightless and completely smoothes the skin.
It claims to be 'silky and lightweight', which I definitely agree with. 
I am not sure about the claim to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores quite so much, but it does feel that way because of how smooth your skin feels after.

I have been using this under my YSL foundation around my nose and forehead as that is where I get oily throughout the day. Unfortunately It doesn't stop me getting oily, but I do think it helps the make up stay in place for longer around those areas. I do though think the 'light' version of this primer may help more with oiliness. 

On the whole, I am really enjoying using the primer. It makes my skin really soft and smooth, and so I find application of foundation to also be softer and smooth. 
I do wish it helped with the oiliness, but as it isn't really targeted at oily skin I can't complain too much.

Please let me know if you have tried this product or the other versions of it, and also what you think of it. 

I hope you enjoyed this review and thank you for reading,

Claire xx 

4 comments:

  1. My friend uses the light version of this so I've always been curious about this primer. I have some issues with oil control so I might try the light version. Good to hear that it made your foundation stay on longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the light version is more targeted at more oily skin, but you can buy travel size bottles which is good as you can try them out before buying the full size version x

      Delete
  2. Hello Dear! I like your blog so much! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Just followed - your blog is great x

      Delete