Monday, 26 November 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - "Crush"

Hi Everyone,
Happy Monday!
After seeing many good reviews about the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains I was very curious indeed. I had also been wanting a darker lip colour for Autumn and Winter, and so after swatching the colour "Crush" in a Boots I knew I had to have it.

The packaging is quite nice, I like how the colour of the product is the colour of the packaging as it makes it super easy to pick it out of your make up drawer or bag etc. They are very much like the Clinique Chubby Sticks but as I have never tried of those I can't really compare the two.

The colour "005 Crush" is a dark plum/pink colour. You can really build this colour up or have it quite sheer, so it is perfect for those who don't want a super intense colour. 

The Boots website describes this product as;

"Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood
Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of colour
Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required"
So they claim this product to be moisturising yet stain your lips, and I have to say I do mostly agree with this.
Please excuse the weird shine on my nose and cupids bow, must be the lighting!
I do use lip balm before I apply any lip products just because I prefer the feel of it on my lips. But as you can see, although the picture has slightly washed out the colour, the product has given a nice pop of colour to my lips, and is nice and moisturising.
When you first apply the product, it does have a minty smell which I am not keen on. However, once the product is one your lips you can't detect it.

I did re-apply the product several times throughout the day, just to add some moistness seeing as the weather is so cold now. I did find though that because it stains your lips, the colour actually intensifies throughout the day the more you re-apply it. I also found it did get quite patchy in some areas. In the centre of my lips there were some quite dark patches compared to other parts where it was lighter, which was pretty annoying. But I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it and getting used to the best way of applying it. 

I paid £7.99 which I think is ok as I can see the product lasting quite a while. 
Overall I am pleased with the balm stain. I think the colour is very pretty when applied, although I am going to have to get to grips with the best way of using it. I found it to be moisturising like what they claim which I love for Winter. 
I do want to try the colour 'Honey" as it looks like a more daytime colour, and overall I would recommend these as a product.

I hope you enjoyed this review, please leave a comment down below as I love hearing what you guys think.
Thank you for reading and I will see your soon,


2 comments:

  1. I agree these can be a bit patchy because you have to apply them with the tip and it doesn't transfer onto the lips evenly. But Crush looks lovely on you - it's a bit lighter than I expected actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! Thank you :) I do think the picture washes it out a bit but it does build up to a deep plum by the end of the day - I didn't realise this until I looked back at the photo I took in the morning where it was much lighter. xxx

      Delete