Sunday, 11 November 2012

Benefit Badgal Lash Mascara Review!

Hi Everyone,
Several weeks ago in October's issue of InStyle, there was a page you could take to your nearest Benefit counter to receive a free mini Badgal lash mascara. I thought it was a pretty good deal as I had always been intrigued in this mascara, and after testing it quite a bit throughout October, I thought I would do a review for you.
 
I personally quite like the packaging, I think it is the contrast of the pink and black.
The brush is quite big which makes it messy when I apply it to my bottom lashes, and because it is only a sample size the wand is pretty short which also makes it hard to apply. The formula is quite dry and so it takes a bit of time to build it up. 
My lashes are fair, sparse and short, but with a couple coats of the mascara, you can see it has added great length to them. I love how the mascara is not clumpy, but you do have to be careful as it can make your lashes look quite 'spidery'. 
I personally like the colour it gives my lashes as they're not too dramatic, but for some people who like their lashes jet black, I think they would find the pigmentation to be bad. The Benefit website also says that is mascara with make your lashes 'full and voluminous', which I actually disagree with.
It can be quite flaky throughout the day but for the most part, it survives pretty well. 

Over all I do like this mascara. I like the length it added to my lashes and that it flares them out well. 
However, I am disappointed in the fact it doesn't make them that full or volumised. I don't think it is worth the £16.50 (or the $19 if you're in America), because I know of better mascaras that are way cheaper and do a very similar job. 
I think it is a great mascara for the day time, to lengthen your lashes and make your eyes appear bigger and brighter. But if you prefer quite dramatic lashes then I don't think this is the mascara for you.

I hope you found this review helpful. Please leave a comment below if you have tried this mascara, or what other mascaras you recommend me trying.
Thank you for reading and I hope you have had a great weekend.

Claire xx


6 comments:

  1. Hmm, it looks pretty good! I agree that it might not be worth the money though. Thanks for the review! :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and yes, I am sure there are other good mascaras for less money xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! You have a very lovely blog, and I was wondering whether you'd be interested in following each other? If you would, please let me know!
    Dasha x
    http://touch-of-turquoise.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Your blog is great - just followed xx

      Delete
  3. I must give that a try- Forever on the prowl for the perfect mascara!
    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) Me too, I do think this is very good for the perfect day time mascara! xx

      Delete