Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Hi Everyone!
Today I am going to be doing a full review on the YSL Touche Eclat Foundation. 
I got a sample a while ago in BR10 as I had previously got a sample of BR30, but it was too dark for me (I did though do a 'first impressions' click HERE)

I have heard amazing reviews on this foundation, my friend Ellanutellax has it and loves it too, so I was very happy to have the correct shade as I could try it properly.

The YSL website describe this foundation as;

  • "The light of Touche Éclat foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face. With no opaque powders, its perfecting texture evens the complexion and helps conceal your imperfections, while enhancing your skin’s natural beauty.
  • Illuminating foundation. Dimensional radiance. Weightless perfection."
Swatched on my hand is it quite pink based (the photo does wash out this pinkness sorry). 
It was really easy to blend into my hand and as you can see, compared to Mac Pro Longwear in NC15 (right), the YSL is a lot lighter and pinker. 
I will admit that I did get yet another sample of this foundation on Sunday but this time in B10 as although BR10 does match me, I do believe that the more neutral undertone will suit me even better.

I did wear the foundation at the weekend in BR10 to show you what it was like on the skin.

After moisturising,  you can see I have slight redness on my cheeks and around my nose, and also blemishes on my chin.
Using my Real Techniques Buffing brush, I applied one layer of this foundation, and then built it up in my problem areas. 
I think it gives light - medium coverage but it is buildable. I have combination skin and it does give me a slight glow to the skin. It gives such a natural finish and really helps to even out your skintone. It didn't completely cover my blemishes on my chin and forehead which for me is one of the downsides. It was however really easy to blend and does enhance your skin. I wouldn't say it highlights the contours of your face like YSL claim, but it does give your cheekbones a slight glow. 
This is what the foundation looks like after I have finished my make up. I think it looks really natural yet offers good coverage. It feels really light on the skin which I also really like. 

It lasts about 6-8 hours on me but does make me more oily throughout the day then say Mac's Pro Longwear. I also think it may break me out slightly. I am not 100% certain but this morning I did wake up with a few more spots. 
I do really like wearing it though and would highly recommend it.
I think this would suit anywhere between dry and combination skin types. 

I really hope you found this review helpful and please let me know if you have tried this foundation and what you think of it.
Thank you so much for reading and you can always make my day by following ;)

Claire x

* UPDATE: I can safely say that this foundation does not break me out. I have been wearing it for almost a week and my skin hasn't gained any more spots out of the ordinary*



No comments:

Post a Comment