Monday, 22 October 2012

Review: L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara

Hi Everyone!
I recently bought the new L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess in 'Noir Black' and thought it was a good time to do a review.

I bought this from Boots for £10.99 which I do think is a tad expensive for a highstreet brand but I had heard such good things from the original mascara and so hoped this would be just as good. 

This is what the L'Oreal website claims about this mascara;

"The brand new anti-clump wiper removes surplus mascara: no overload, no clumps. Our biggest ever Millionizer brush separates lashes for dramatic volume. Finally, opulent volume meets sleek definition!"

So it has quite a lot to live up to. The brush is actully one of the bendy types but to be honest I don't think this makes any difference in the application. 
The brush head is actually quite big which isn't what I am used to, so at first I found it quite hard to apply the mascara. However, now that I am more used to the mascara, I find application much easier.
I will now show you before and after pictures so you can see how the mascara looks.
With nothing on my lashes. you can see they are fair and quite sparse.

But with a few coats of the mascara, you can see I have built up quite a lot of volume and length. I would say this mascara is much better at giving a lot of volume so if you just want a lengthening mascara than this may not be for you. I do like how it isn't too clumpy but you have to be careful once you start adding more coats. 
I know I haven't done my bottom lashes but that is because on a daily basis I prefer just having thick and long top lashes and then bare bottom lashes.

However, there are a few points about this mascara that I don't like. Firstly is the smell. It has a really strong smell and it is really not nice. Luckily it does go away after a few seconds but it does come as quite a shock when you first open it. Secondly is that you do have to build it up quite a bit to get some length. With one coat, my lashes just have more volume but no length which I find quite frustrating.

Over all I do like this mascara. I find it gives a lot of length and volume once you have built it up. I don't like the smell or the price, but it does do what it claims. 

Let me know if you have tried this mascara and what you think of it as I LOVE reading you guys' comments. I hope you found this review helpful and thank you for reading.

Claire x




No comments:

Post a Comment