Sunday, 9 September 2012

Review: Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all well today. I am going to be doing a review on the Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser. In my last post I did a review on the Good Things facial mask (click HERE) and so I thought I would do a review on the cleanser which I bought at the same time. 

Like I said in my last post, Good Things products are free from various chemicals, animal ingredients and mineral oils.
They also all contain superfruit extracts. The stay clear cleanser contains extracts of mango, blueberry and willow-bark to "purify and decongest the skin, keeping oiliness and breakouts at bay."
On paper, this cleanser looks amazing and as I suffer from pretty bad breakouts on my forehead, around my mouth and on my chin, I was really looking forward to trying this cleanser out. 
I also had very high expectation due to seeing such amazing reviews of the brand in general.

The actual product is a clear gel which slightly foams when used. It has a strong fruity smell which I personally love, but those with sensitive skin may find it too strong.
Again I love the packaging of all their products and I think the Good Things website is also really good as it has a lot of information about the products and their ingredients etc. 

When I first began using the cleanser I was having a very bad breakout on my forehead, I started using this and the facial mask but due to that making me break out in more blemishes, I just used this. It didn't make a dramatic difference to my skin, but over a couple of weeks my skin began clearing up and I did get quite excited that this would be the perfect cleanser for me.
However, over the last few days I have had a big breakout around my mouth and I can see more coming on my forehead!
My skin does have a cycle. I will go through a period of bad breakouts but then they will clear and I will have reasonably clear skin with the odd blemish, until I get another bad breakout, so for me it is a never ending cycle. Unfortunately, this cleanser really didn't do anything for my skin. I did think it was working, but when my skin broke out again recently, I relised it wasn't clearing up my skin.

Although this cleanser didn't make me break out, it also didn't completely clear and prevent blemishes. I am really disappointed that it didn't work out for me and I was hoping for a better difference. 
I would still recommend it though, because it may work for you and in general it is a nice cleanser to use.

Please let me know what cleanser you would recommend for breakouts, or if you have used this cleanser and what you thought of it.
I hope you enjoyed this post and as always thank you very much for reading!

Love,
Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment