Thursday, 6 September 2012

Review: Good Things Five Minute Facial Mask

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all well, and for those who are now back to school (like myself), I hope you're having an ok time :)
Today I want to do a review on the Good Things Five Minute Facial Mask. I featured this in a recent haul (click HERE) after seeing such amazing reviews of the brand.
I was really excited to try this but after using it a couple of times, I wanted to share my opinion. 

The brand Good Things has been developed by Alice Hart-Davis and all the products contain no mineral oils or other petrochemicals, parabens, sodium
laureth and sodium lauryl sulphates, and nothing that has been derived from or tested
on animals. This is a huge bonus as you know you are not putting anything nasty on your face. All the products also contain "superfruit extracts", which are not just good for the skin, but also make a lot of the products smell really nice.

First of all, I will say I LOVE the packaging of all the Good Things products. I think it is really pretty and I really like the colour scheme they use throughout.

The actual product is a light green/grey colour with a medium consistency. It covers you face really well and a little goes a long well. It contains superfruit extracts of avocado and goji berry

The Good Things website describes the 5 minute facial mask as;

"This mask is a true multi-tasker, designed to make your skin clearer, brighter and smoother, all at the same time. Top ingredients include green clay and kaolin to draw out impurities, avocado oil to moisturise, goji berry extract to soothe and willow bark extract for radiance."

On paper, this mask sounds really good and so I had very high expectations of it clearing my skin. 
On the first application, it felt very tingly, on the second it was still tingly but not quite as much. It wasn't very pleasant but I just thought it was working.
However, the reason why I have only used this mask twice is because each time I have gotten a lot more spots than I usually would around my t-zone.
I don't know if thats what it's meant to do, draw out all of your impurities, but I am quite scared to use it as it will draw out a load of spots on me. On the plus side though, it does draw out all the impurities, so if you suffer from blocked pores than this may work really well for you.  
I have blocked pores around my nose and it did reduce them in size, so I do believe with regular use they will disappear. However, because I don't have a cleanser that works perfectly for me yet, I don't want to continue using this mask and end up with more spots than I did in the first place.

Also, they claim that the avocado oil will moisturise you face, however, when I took this off using my Liz Earle muslin clothe, my face felt incredibly tight. If you have a very good moisturiser than I am sure it will fix it, but I don't and so I had to use a couple of coats of my moisturiser just to relieve my face of the tightness.

A positive I do have is that it dries very quickly. Although it is a five minute mask, it really dries in about 3-4 minutes, depending how thickly you put it on. It also has quite a pleasant smell. 
As well as this, the Good Things website has a lot of really good information about their products if you are interested in them.

Overall though I am really disappointed with the mask. I wanted to love it but my skin just doesn't seem to work with it. I do want to give it a 3rd chance but I am just to nervous to use it again incase I break out in a load more spots. So for now I think I will just stick to the cleanser.

Please let me know if you have tried this and if you had the same problem or if it cleared your skin up. I hope you enjoyed this review and as always thank you for reading.

Love,
Claire xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment