Friday, 14 September 2012

How to: Tell If Your Make-Up Is Out Of Date!

 Hello Everyone! 
Today I wanted to quickly share with you a tip I have recently learned. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I always heard people go on about checking if your make up was in date and I never knew what I was looking for, however, I recently read somewhere the secret to finding out.
Here are a few examples. On the back of most products, make up, skincare and haircare, there should be a little symbol of a pot with 6M, 12M, 18M or 24M (or something similar) in it. This stands for 6 months, 12 months, 18 months or 24 months.  
Directly below the 'E' is the 12M symbol.
On the far right at the bottom below the word "Paris" is the 24M symbol.
Above "02 Rose Ivory" on the right is the 24M symbol.

Now the annoying thing is that you may not be able to exactly remember when you bought a product, and I am completely the same. For some of my products (about half) I know roughly when I bought them. However, by knowing roughly how long you have been using your product, should give a good indication to if it has expired yet.
Also, I wouldn't 100% live by the rule of using your products until they are 'out of date'. I know that some of the products I use are out of date but they still look, smell and work fine. However, if a product was getting on a couple of years and it is more of a liquid product then I probably wouldn't want to start using it. 
Lastly, you can also go off the look and smell of the product and the performance. If it has separated (unless it is normal for that product to separate) or if it has a funny smell then I would advise maybe not to use that product, especially if you haven't used it in a while. Also if it isn't working or performing very well then if may be an indication that it is too old.  

I really hope this post has been useful, I am sure most of you know about the little symbol, but for those who were like me then I think it is really good to know so you are aware that products go off just like food. 
As always thank you very much for reading, let me know if you have any other tips for knowing if your products have expired!

Love,
Claire xxx



6 comments:

  1. What a great tip! I honestly never knew this lol

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I found out about this when I became an Avon rep, but loads of people don't realise. Sometimes it's really surprising the difference in life span between similar products.

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know, I thought it was important that more people know because companys don't advertise how long products last etc
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hey:) I nominated you for 'The Liebster Award' on my blog:) It would mean a lot if you could check it out

    http://zaralou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-liebster-award.html#comment-form

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) thank you very much, that is really sweet....I will do it now!
      xxx

      Delete