Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Review: Revlon Colourburst Lipstick '025 Carnation'

Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a review on a lipstick of mine from Revlon. It is one of their Colourburst lipsticks in '025 Carnation'.

First of all I really like the packaging. I think it's quite simple but really nice as I love the quilted print on the front of the matte black lipstick tube.

I've had this for a while but really like it as it is one of my only bright lipsticks.
Top swatch: Heavy. Bottom swatch: Light
As you can see it is a bright, medium/dark pink with undertones of blue. It has a slight shimmer to it of fuchsia and blue which gives it an almost frosty finish.
I think this colour would suit pretty much every skin tone. I am NC15 in Mac and I think it suits me. I have also seen blog posts of people darker than me and it looks gorgeous on them too.
For reference, compared to the Revlon Lip Butter in Cotton Candy (top swatch), the lipstick is clearly darker and has the blue undertone.
On the lips, it is a really lovely colour. It isn't in-your-face but it does add a really nice pop of colour. I personally love the formula. It is really smooth and doesn't dry out my lips.
Unfortunately it isn't the most long lasting lipstick. I would say it is slightly longer lasting than the Revlon Lip Butters, but after a few hours, you do need to reapply it which is the biggest downside of the product.

However, for £7.99 in Boots I would say this lipstick is worth it and i'm definitely going to be purchasing more in the future. 

Have you ever tried out the Revlon Colourburst lipsticks? If so please let me know what shades you recommend. 

Thank you as always for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post!
Please leave in the comments below if you have any requests of posts you would like me to do.

Love,
Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment