Monday, 13 August 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Hello Everyone!
Hope you're all well.
Today I have got another review for you on the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. 
A while ago on youtube there was a bit of hype on this powder, and so, as I was in the market for a new powder, I thought I would see what all the fuss was about.
I have the shade '02 Rose Ivory' which is perfect for my fair skin. 

So the Maybelline website claim this product to be;

• Formula has a ultra-silky texture. 
• The suede-touch puff smoothes onto skin evenly, effortlessly.
• Natural-looking matte perfection with an amazing air-soft feel.
Now I do pretty much agree with what they claim.
The powder is silky and makes your skin feel quite soft once it is applied. 
I only use this along my t-zone where I get oily and it does a pretty good of controlling the oil and keeping it looking reasonably matte.
It is also a good setting powder as it isn't too heavy or cakey, and it helps my foundation and concealer last longer than they would by themselves.

The packaging is quite cheap looking but it does have a slide out mirror which is so handy if you're on the go and want to touch up. It did come with a powder puff but I threw it away as I don't really like applying powder with a puff. The powder is also quite compact, so again good for travelling. 

This powder isn't amazing but for £7.19 it is good. 
If you are looking for a powder to set your make-up and to keep you looking matte throughout the day then I do recommend it.
Would I repurchase? Maybe, but I do want to try out other powders first.

Thats it for my quick review, I hope you found it helpful. 
Let me know if you too have tried out this powder and what you thought of it.
Also, if you can recommend any other powders then please, please let me know down below.
Thank you so much!

Love,
Claire xxx


2 comments:

  1. Hmm I'm on the lookout for a good powder soon. Will bear this one in mind.

    Lauren
    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help :) I do recommend it, especially if you don't want to spend a load of money on a powder x

      Delete