Friday, 24 August 2012

Review: Jemma Kidd I-Glamour Define Eyeliner

Hello Everyone!
Hope you're all well. Today I am going to do a quick review on the Jemma Kidd I-Glamour Define Eyeliner in 01 Black.
I got the eyeliner free in the September issue of Elle magazine, the eyeliner itself is worth £14 and you can get it in different colours. 
I am not usually one to wear eyeliner, however, I thought I would try it out and do a review for you guys.

The eyeliner itself is double ended, one end is the actual product, the other a smudge brush if you wish to smudge the eyeliner. I find the smudge brush quite harsh to use around the eye area so I prefer to use a different brush or my fingers.

The Jemma Kidd website describe this eyeliner as;

"With a velvety soft texture and handy smudging tool, the dual-purpose Jemma Kidd I-Glamour Define Eyeliner is a must-have make-up staple to help create an array of day-to-night looks.
Enriched with seed butter for creamy, glide-on application, this pro eyeliner adds definition without dragging or discomfort, whilst also allowing essential play time, followed by smudge-resistant results throughout the day"

When applying the eyeliner, I find it quite creamy and easy to apply like Jemma Kidd claim. It does sometimes drag, but that could just be me not used to applying eyeliner.
It has good pigmentation and lasts about 6 hours before fading. 
I do find though it can sometimes transfer to my lid which really doesn't look good.
I like to apply it on the outer half of my upper lashline, I personally don't line my waterline or tightline as my eyes are quite sensitive when it comes to putting make up around them.
 As you can see the pigmentation is good. I also like how the colour isn't too harsh as some black eyeliners can be.

I think the eyeliner is good, but not amazing. I'm not sure if it's worth £14 as I also think there are better eyeliners on the market which cost less.
If you have ever tried this eyeliner, please let me know what you think of it?

I hope you enjoyed this quick review and thank you for reading.

Love,
Claire xxx



4 comments:

  1. i love magazine freebies, some of them are really good quality! the pigmentation of this looks great :)
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's a great way of trying products :)
      Just followed your blog as it is really good.
      Claire xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm really confused as I received this as well. I got the blue one by accident(woopsies) and as soon as i opened the lid, the point fell right off! I have no idea how to get more product out. I have tried twisting and pushing an nothing works. I am sure there is something in there but i don't know how to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sharpen mine to get more product :)

      Claire x

      Delete