Wednesday, 29 August 2012

Review: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all well. Today I wanted to do a review on the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 'Boy'.
I actually got this in May and have been meaning to do a review on it ever since.

To begin with, a quick word on the packaging.
 Like all Chanel products the packaging is beautiful. Lovely glossy black casing with the gold strip around.

The Chanel website describe this lipstick as;

"As melt-away as a balm, its lip-embracing texture becomes fluid on contact with the lips and provides a stunning gloss effect with natural shine. Deliciously fresh and soft, it delivers an unforgettable sensation of well-being. 

Lips are enveloped in the incomparable comfort of continuous 8-hour-long hydration thanks to the Hydratender complex, the secret behind the softness of the ROUGE COCO range"

I would say that this product is more like a balm than a lipstick as it is very light on the lips and sheer, which is what I love.
As you can see, the swatch on my hand shows that it is quite sheer. The shade 'Boy' I would describe as a mid-tone pink with no shimmer. It is a gorgeous everyday colour that is so easy to apply even without a mirror. 

As Chanel claim, this product leaves your lips with a nice shine, it is not really glossy but I like that. I also love that it is so light on the lips and how it is quite hydrating. It does also leave your lips soft like they claim.
The Rouge Coco Shine's come in a variety of shades which I think is really good and if you're not a fan of lipstick but don't like that sticky feeling of lipgloss on your lips, than these are perfect.

However, there are a few things that I am not keen on.
Firstly is the price, they retail for £23. I know Chanel is a very expensive brand but after all, they're really just a tinted lip balm.
I also find that this product does not last well on the lips. Chanel say that this will provide 8 hours of hydration. This for me is definitely wrong. I would say this lasts about 1-2 hours on me before I need to re-apply it again, which I have to say is very poor. 

Overall I probably wouldn't re-purchase another one of these myself. Although I very much enjoy using and wearing it, I am not sure they're worth £23 due to the longevity. I do not regret buying it, and I think they would make wonderful gifts, but I personally would rather spend that money else where. 
I would recommend them though and say that they're worth trying, but I think there might be better items on the market, sorry Chanel!


I hope you enjoyed this review, please let me know if you have tried one of these and what you think?
Also let me know if you know of any dupes?
Thank you for reading and I will see you soon!

Love,
Claire xxx



2 comments:

  1. Shame about the price, but it looks like a really nice everyday lip product that I wouldn't mind pulling out to reapply hahah. I'll have to check it out!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is but after all it is Chanel, and I would check them out as they have such lovely everyday colours :)

      Claire x

      Delete