Sunday, 5 August 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown Corrector!

Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a review for you on the Bobbi Brown corrector which I got almost 2 weeks ago.
The lady matched me up to Light Bisque, which at first seemed fine. However I went back to her later that day asking if the lighter shade would be better seeing as I do have a tan at the moment which will fade, but she assured me this shade was fine as the corrector is matched to the colour of your under eye circles. After using it now several times, I do think the lighter shade, Porcelain Bisque would have been better, however Light Bisque is fine as long as I use a lighter concealer over the top to actually brighten under my eyes.

So enough of that rambling and on with the review.

The Bobbi Brown website describes this corrector as;
"A wake-up call for tired eyes. Corrector is pink- or peach-based to neutralise under-eye darkness and is designed to be used before Creamy Concealer. New and improved formula is long-wearing and brightens dark circles with quick, just-right coverage that's easy to blend and won't crease. And since great makeup starts with healthy skin, Corrector is infused with skin conditioners to protect the delicate under-eye area."

I got this corrector for £18 which is expensive, but then again Bobbi Brown is expensive. The packaging is really nice and sleek, however you only get 1.4g of product which is a shame. I didn't get the creamy concealer to go with this as I had heard reviews saying you can just wear this by itself which I was hoping to do. However due to the colour I do need to wear a lighter concealer on top.
This is my right eye (the left eye when you look at it) with no corrector or concealer. As you can see I have bad dark circles which start at the inner corner of my eye and continue to the end of my eyebrow. There is a blue/purple tone which is what the corrector is meant to cancel out.
I now have the corrector on and as you can see it has neutralised the blue/purple tone. It hasn't taken it away completely but considering how bad my dark circles are it has done a pretty good job.
I now have added my Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in '1 Fair' which I find quite light for me and mascara. The concealer has helped brighten up the dark circle further and has also concealed more of the blue/purple tone.

I do find the the corrector does make a difference. I like using the Collection 2000 concealer with it as that is quite light. I do sometimes use my Mac Pro Long-wear concealer in NC15 with the corrector but I find it doesn't work quite as well.
I also find the corrector easy to blend like Bobbi Brown claim it to be. However something you need to be aware of is that it does crease quite a lot which Bobbi Brown say doesn't happen. I find using a primer and setting it with powder does help though.
The corrector is long-wearing, perhaps not as long-wearing as my Pro Long-wear concealer but it does stay on for most of the day before beginning to fade.

Overall I am pleased I got it as I did want to try it out. I had seen such good reviews about the corrector so I did have very high hopes. 
I am a bit disappointed as I thought it would have helped with the darkness more, but considering how bad my dark circles are I think it did well. I also wish the lady at the counter had at least tried Porcelain Bisque on me to compare. 

Please let me know down below if you have ever tried out the Bobbi Brown Corrector, and if so what did you think of it??
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this review!

Love,
Claire xxx



5 comments:

  1. Interesting review! But I've never tried Bobby Brown corrector :)

    blonderblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has been on my wishlist for ages! i keep hoping i'll find a cheaper alternative though...do you think you'd repurchase it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I'm really happy I have tried it and I am really enjoying using it but for me it's not a life-changing product.
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. I always heard good things about this corrector and from this review, I can see it does wonders! Thanks for reviewing it!! x

    http://catsandclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome... it is a really good product and I would recommend it if you're interested in buying it.
      xxxx

      Delete