Sunday, 12 August 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown BB Cream


Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a review on the Bobbi Brown BB Cream.
I got this a week ago along with my mum, as whilst buying my corrector (review click HERE) they told me about the launch of the new BB cream. I thought it sounded really good and so booked an appointment.

To those who aren't certain what exactly a BB cream is, it stands for Blemish Balm. 
BB creams originated from Asia and are a hybrid between skincare and makeup. 
I personally still do my normal skincare routine and still moisturise even if I am going to wear my BB cream.

The shade the lady matched me to was 'Extra Light' which is a perfect match due to the neutral undertones. Compared to my Mac Pro Longwear foundation in NC15 which is my holy grail foundation, the BB cream is much better as the Mac has quite strong yellow undertones. 

The Bobbi Brown website have a lot of information on this BB cream which is excellent.
But here is a bit of information they use to describe their new BB cream;



 The BB cream comes in 5 shades which is not the best, however the fact they do a shade light enough for fair complexions (like myself) is great.
My mum also got it and her winter shade in Mac is NW20. However, with a current tan she was matched to the shade 'Fair' which is perfect for her too.


So here I have just moisturised with my Essence moisturiser (review click HERE).
As you can see I have redness around my cheeks, uneven skintone and blemishes around my china and nose. 
Now that I have applied one layer of the BB cream, you can see it has evened out my skin very well and covered any redness. It has also minimised any blemishes.
I love using my Real Techniques Stippling brush and Pointed Foundation brush from the Core Collection to apply the BB cream. Applying it with your fingers also works really well too. However, I tried using my Buffing Brush from Real Techniques and it did not work due to the consistency and texture of the BB cream.
This is it after sinking into my skin for 10 minutes or so. I have applied concealer, mascara and blusher so you can see what it looks like on my skin after I have finished my face.

What I love about the BB cream is how natural it looks. It won't leave your skin looking flawless but it will offer you good coverage, which I was surprised about considering it is just a BB cream.
The texture is very smooth but the consistency is actually very thick, which is why I don't like using my buffing brush to apply it. Despite the consistency though, it never looks cakey or feel heavy.

The lady at the counter told me this BB cream is best for those with normal to oily skin types, I have combination skin and I find it perfect for me. It has a natural finish and doesn't make me look oily throughout the day.
It also has quite good wear time of a good 6-8 hours before beginning to fade, but I think using a primer and setting it with powder would help.
Another bonus is that it had SPF 35 which is great for summer.

Overall I am really impressed with this BB cream, I LOVE it!
I purchased it for £28 which does seem a lot but for me it was worth every penny.

Sorry for the long review but I hope you enjoyed it. 
Please let me know if you have tried the Bobbi Brown BB cream and what you thought of it.
Thank you for reading and I will see you in my next post.

Love,
Claire xxx



2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post! <3
    I use Garnier BB cream.

    blonderblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete