Thursday, 9 August 2012

First Impressions: Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation


Hi Everyone!
Today I want to do a first impressions post on the new Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat foundation. 
I got this sample last Sunday as I had heard such amazing reviews about the foundation and so was very excited to try it out.
I did want to do a full review of this, however, the lady at the counter matched me up to BR30 which I thought sounded quite dark for me as I am only NC15 in Mac and Extra Light in the Bobbi Brown BB cream. But it seemed ok when she matched me up in the store. When I got home though and tried it, the first thing I noticed was that it had quite strong pink undertones, where as I personally think I have more neutral undertones. Secondly, the shade is a touch to dark being the 3rd lightest, which is such a shame as I wanted to wear it for the week to get a proper opinion and so do a full review for you guys.  

I am very sorry this is just a first impression post, however I hopefully will try and get another sample in a lighter shade next week so I can do a full review for you.

Ok, that said I will now do the post....

The YSL website describe this product as;
 "The light of Touche Éclat foundation targets shadowy areas and highlights the contours of the face. With no opaque powders, its perfecting texture evens the complexion and helps conceal your imperfections, while enhancing your skin’s natural beauty."
So the foundation has got a lot to live up to.
On my hand the foundation seems very lightweight and easy to blend, giving a natural finish to the skin. Although the foundation here looks quite yellow, it is in fact much pinker in real life than this picture is showing....sorry!
This is my cheek with just moisturiser (please excuse the weird shine on my cheekbone - it must have been the lighting!). As you can see I have redness around my checks and quite an uneven skin tone.
Now that I have applied one layer of the foundation using my Real Techniques Buffing brush, it has evened out my skin very well. It still looks really natural and like YSL claim, it enhances your skins natural beauty. 
I also found it was really easy to blend and had a pleasant scent, but that goes once the foundation is on the skin. 
I have not worn it properly for a full day but I think it would suit normal to combination skin types. 

You can purchase this foundation for £28 which is not too bad compared to NARS or Chanel foundations.
Please let me know if you too have tried this and what you though of it.
Also, I feel that B10 or B20 may suit me better, if you are a similar skin tone and have tried this foundation out, please let me know what shade you are. 

I really hope you enjoyed this post, I'm sorry again that it is not a full review!
Thank you.

Love,
Claire xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment