Saturday, 25 August 2012

First Impressions: L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream

Hello Everyone!
Once again I am back to do a first impressions post. Today it is on the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB Cream.
I requested a sample a while ago now and have already done a post on the foundation sample they sent as well (click HERE for that).
But today I wanted to talk about their (quite) new BB cream.

What the L'Oreal website claim that this product;

"Our first self adjusting BB cream. Moisturising skincare transforms to lightweight foundation. Skin looks flawless and even with a dewy glow"

As you can see from these pictures, the BB cream does self-adjust. It starts off as a thin, white liquid with tiny grey particles in it and once you start blending it turns colour. To me, that in itself is quite amazing!
Unfortunately though, the sample they sent was in the colour 'Medium', and although it is meant to adjust to your skintone, it still adjusted to dark which is why this post is not a full review.

When applying the product, I thought it was quite hard to blend. It might have been the way I was applying it, but I found it hard to blend and quite patchy in some areas.
As you can see it is too dark for me and I found around my nose, chin and hairline, it to be patchy. However, it did offer good coverage and it helped cover redness and even out skintone.
I have combination skin, but I didn't notice a particularly "dewy glow", like L'Oreal claim. To me, the Garnier BB cream had a "dewy glow" (first impressions click HERE), but this didn't.
I did though find it lightweight which is really nice to have, especially in warm weather. Unlike the Garnier BB cream, the consistency is quite thin and runny, however it still gives good coverage.
Unfortunately I can't really comment on the lasting time, although I think it would be ok. From what I tried, I think this BB cream would be ok for normal - combination skin types.

I think this BB cream has pro's and con's, like most things in life. It is not the worst BB cream I have tried, but I do think there are better.
Please let me know if you too have tried this BB cream and if it works for you?

I hope you enjoyed this 'first impressions' post, I am sorry it is not a full review. Thank you for reading and if you want, please follow as it would make my day :)

Love,
Claire xxx



3 comments:

  1. This is a really interesting product! May have to check it out for myself :) thanks!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome :) I would definitely recommend swatching it to see what you make of it.

      Claire xxx

      Delete
  2. Interesting review x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete