Wednesday, 1 August 2012

First Impressions: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all well. A few weeks ago I requested a sample for the L'Oreal Nude Magique BB cream, and when it finally came they had also included their new Lumi Magique foundation in the colour N4 Pure Beige.
This is not a full review, just my first impressions, and very soon I will be doing the same for their BB cream.

So it came in a little sachet with 10ml of product in it which I managed to get two full face applications out of. 
As you can see it is too dark for me, but once blended into my hand it gives good coverage and a natural finish. The product isn't thick but it's not runny, it's a perfect consistency for me.
So top picture is my cheek with only moisturiser on, and the bottom picture is with one layer of the foundation. Although it is too dark for me, it has evened out my skin really well and given it a healthy look. I would say the coverage is medium but buildable, however it looks natural and is quite lightweight.
I used my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it and I found it really easy to blend into the skin. 
I didn't keep it on my skin as it was clearly too dark so I don't know how well it lasts or if it breaks me out. 

The second application I actually did on my mum. The colour match was almost perfect and made her skin look healthy and glowy. 
I used her Clinique foundation brush to apply it and again it was really easy to blend. 
My mum has normal/combination skin and it lasted about 6 hours with the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, however she didn't have it on all day so it may have lasted longer.
It terms of what skin type I think it would be good for, I would say maybe normal but if you have dry patches or an oily t-zone I still think it would be fine as it wasn't overly dewy but it wasn't at all matte. The finish reminds me off the Mac Pro longwear foundation, however I think this does give your skin a slight more glow.

Overall I'm actually really impressed with this foundation and I may even consider purchasing it in the future in the lighter shade.
My mum also really liked it and is thinking about purchasing it too.

So that's it for my first impressions of this foundation, please let me know if you have tried it and if so what you think of it.
Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to follow as it would make my day!

Love,
Claire xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment