Thursday, 16 August 2012

First Impressions: Garnier BB Cream

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're all well.
Today I need to do another 'First Impressions' post on the Garnier BB Cream.
The reason why I keep doing 'first impression' posts is because recently I have been claiming a lot of samples of BB creams, and so far all of the samples I have tried have been too dark for me and so I can't wear them for the whole day or week. I would rather do a full review for you guys, but unfortunately I can't give you a full opinion on the product.

Ok on with my first impressions.
 I was able to claim a sample of the Garnier BB Cream which I'm sure many of you will have seen before. 
I hadn't seen the best reviews on this but I thought I would try it out to get my own opinion. 

The Garnier website claim this product to do 5 things:

" - Evens tone and boosts glow

- Blurs the appearance of pores and imperfections

- Smoothes the appearance of fine lines

- Up to 24hr hydration

- SPF 15"

The shade that was sent was 'Light', which was a touch too dark for me. 
When I first opened the sample, the first thing I noticed was the scent. I didn't like it. It was quite strong and for me, quite unpleasant. 
On my hand you can see just how thick the BB cream is. The Bobbi Brown BB Cream is thick (review click HERE) but was easy to blend, whereas this I found much harder to blend.
Once blended though, like Garnier claim, it does leave a very dewy, glowy finish. It does make your skin look healthier. 
As you can see it does do quite a good job of evening out my skin, and like Garnier say it gives a glowy finish. It has got a thick consistency but it is quite light on the skin and looks natural.

However, many of the reviews I saw though say that this feels quite oily and greasy.
I have combination skin and I personally found this really greasy.
It was a massive turn off for me because even when blending, the actual product feels greasy. 
I would only recommend this for those with normal/dry skin. I feel that on combination/oily skin it would make the skin really oily throughout the day.
I can't really comment on how long it wears though throughout the day.

Overall, I am not going to be purchasing this product as I don't think it works well with my skin. However, if you do have dry skin you may want to try this out. as it gives a healthy glow and is hydrating.
This BB cream is intended for those with normal skin, those with combination/oily skin are recommended to use their oil-free version which leaves a matte finish.

I hope you enjoyed my first impression of this, I am sorry it isn't a full review.
If you too want to claim your free sample, click HERE!

Thank you for reading and let me know down below if you have tried this BB cream and what you thought of it.

Love,
Claire xx



No comments:

Post a Comment