Sunday, 8 July 2012

A Summer Haul!

Hi Everyone!
Today I wanted to share with you some things I have picked up over the last month or so. Although the weather has been awful, I have still been picking up summery things. Oops!
I hope you enjoy.
My Mum actually picked this up for me from Warehouse as it was in the sale. My Mum got it for £17 down from £40!! I love this with a white vest underneath and shorts.

Next my Mum also got me some denim shorts from Warehouse as they were also in the sale. They were £25 but down to £17. I love these so much because they are a perfect fit, really comfortable and not really short like some are these days.
The last thing I got which was on sale were these shorts from Warehouse too. These were originally £30 but were down to only £10 and look really nice on.

That's what I got from Warehouse and I urge you to go onto their website  or go to a store as they still have their amazing sale on!!

 I also got this top from Oasis. It is a sheer black top with a leopard print. I love the back of this (right hand picture) as it is crossed over, this top looks great tucked into shorts or jeans. I purchased this for £20.
 I also got from Oasis this stone coloured bag. I wear this with the longer strap on my shoulder and use this for school. I purchased this for £40.
 Yesterday, I got this blouse also from Oasis. It was reduced from £38 to £22 and I think it is gorgeous. The pattern is so pretty as it has little birds and bird cages. I wore this today with black leggings and a tan belt around my waist.
I got the St Ives Apricot Body scrub yesterday from Boots for £3.66 (1/3 off). I haven't used this yet but the smell is like the other St Ives face scrubs. I'm personally not a fan of the smell but hopefully it will work well - I will update you what I think of it.
Yesterday I got the Liz Earle Try-Me Kit for Normal/Combination skin from John Lewis for £18.25 (as I had a £5 John Lewis voucher). In the kit you get a 30ml Cleanse and Polish, 2 muslin clothes, a 50ml Instant Boost Skin Tonic, a 15ml Skin Repair Moisturiser and a 15ml Brightening Treatment Mask . I have combination skin and breakouts on my forehead and chin and a few around my nose.
 I have used everything except the brightening mask twice and first impressions are good. I haven't noticed a big difference in my breakouts and I find the cleanse and polish a bit odd as you put it onto dry skin, so it feels like you're putting on a moisturiser. However this is the first time I have used Liz Earle so I will certainly let you know how I get on. 

So the next two products are definitely the most exciting for me...
 Whilst I was in John Lewis I went to the Chanel counter and asked if I could try a sample of one of their foundations. I initially wanted a sample of either the Vitalumiere or the Vitalumiere Aqua. However the lady thought the colour of the Perfection Lumiere would be best for me as I am very fair (NC15 in Mac). She matched me to '10 Beige' which is quite a good match. I have only just tried this today and first impressions are good. The colour was ok (I think it would be fine in summer but too dark in winter), and the foundation blended nicely into the skin. I only put on a light coverage but it gave me a natural finish.

 Ok I'm sorry for all the photos of this last product, but I am just so excited about it. When I was picking up my foundation sample I saw the Chanel summer collection which I had seen on other blogs etc.
Long story short, I ended up buying the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in 917 Sable Rose for £34 (I know, a lot of money to spend on a bronzer).
However, this is so gorgeous and the packaging is divine. It comes in a lovely velvet pouch and has the traditional Chanel packaging. The product has a mirror and a little brush which is really handy if you're on the go. 
I used this today very lightly with my Sigma F40 and thought it gave me a really nice sun kissed look to my skin. The colour 'Sable Rose' was designed for fair complexions which I think is really good as it is impossible for very fair people like myself to find a blush/bronzer that adds warmth to the fair.
I will update you on how I get on with this product.

Ok so that is it for my haul. I am really sorry it is such a long post. I recommend you guys checking out Warehouse and Oasis as they still have amazing sales on!
Let me know if you do want to see an in-depth review on any of the beauty related items.
Thank you for reading,

Lots of love
Claire xx



No comments:

Post a Comment